Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock VR-4 cat-back exhaust for sale. I will tell you that it has been split in half at the clamp but otherwise is in good shape. All 4 stainless tips are there and should clean up very nicely. Make your offers. I am willing to cut it up if only certain parts of the system are needed. Payment will be via paypal and shipping will either be included if not too much or maybe go half on it if it gets a little pricey.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the whole thing? Say $150 shipped, maybe less? I dont know really what this would be worth to anyone since it doesnt cost too much for a custom cat back system. Like I stated before, I am willing to cut it up if only certain peices are needed/wanted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
NON TURBO GUYS GET THIS!

I would purchase this from you now, but the fact is I already have one on my NA car! I wanted to hop in and encourage the non turbos guys to jump on it.

The only easy to install cat-back you'll find is the Borla which runs you $800, the stock VR-4 is almost a bolt on (except for under the rear driver side control arm) connects to the main cat perfectly and is a full 3" all the way back. It sounds vicious! Someone takes this now!

Goodluck with the sale ;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Its no where near 3 inch......its 2.5 and i am keeping mine. You dont want to get rid of it if you plan on selling your car. The price will drop at least 500 with new exhaust system on it. And I got my Borla for 500 shiped. and it is 3inch piping.......i have looked at it side by side. Big dif.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I own an NA so Im not worried about selling this exhaust.

If you really want to get technical on the inside diameter of the stock exhaust tubing, I just measuered the flange that bolts up to the cat ans yes, it is very close to 2.5". Just a little over infact. I then measured the other side of the straight pipe (this exhaust has been separated at the clamp in the middle) and it actually measured 2.75" or so. I would say that it is pretty close to 3". :rolleyes:

greenfire84 said:
Its no where near 3 inch......its 2.5 and i am keeping mine. You dont want to get rid of it if you plan on selling your car. The price will drop at least 500 with new exhaust system on it. And I got my Borla for 500 shiped. and it is 3inch piping.......i have looked at it side by side. Big dif.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts