Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
~Airborne all the way~
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever polished these wheels? If it was done does anyone know how it would look? If it looks something like a polished plenum then i think it would look cool....Would it rust?
-Jess

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
here are some pics from minnesota 3S page.

Attachments

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
one more

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I don't think those wheels were polished or chromed, they were a stock option on 93' Stealth's. And yes, polished stock wheels do look like a polished plenum. They won't rust, because they are aluminum wheels. Altough I've heard it is hard to keep they very shiny. ( Maybe you can clear coat them?? ) I had a picture of someone that polished there Stealth ES rims, I'll try to find it later. Also- it's A LOT of work to do it right the tools alone will probably run you up to $100. ( Or do you already have the tools? ) Run a search- there are lots of threads about polishing.

Found it!
http://www.blacklight.5u.com/cgi-bin/i/photogallery/beautyshot.jpg

Also- I've heard from other threads that it can take up to a week per wheel to do it right, other shops usually charge up to $150 per wheel to polish. And if they aren't polished right, they can carrode and look like crap. Although- if done right, it will make the stock rims look 100X better. Good luck.

PS- My Plan? Not polish, but powercoat. I'll probably make them black to match my car. Still doing research on cost and other factors, but it's an idea.

·
~Airborne all the way~
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot, that is i wanted to know. Yes i should have all the tools needed..
thanks
-Jess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts