Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stockish 95 NA 3,000,000gt

Hello all, I just replaced my brake lines today and while I was bleeding the lines I noticed that I have, what I assume is, a braided grounding wire dangling from the firewall next to the brake booster, behind the engine. I assume this connects to the intake manifold but am not positive. I just looked into the service manual but did not see any mention of said ground wire. Any help would be appreciated and heres a diagram that may help with explaining.

Also, I noticed an open wire between the brake fluid reservoir and the brake booster. I also have no idea what this goes too. My intuition says brake fluid level sensor but my intuition has been wrong many a time.

Thanks everyone and happy new year.

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,451 Posts
It's "supposed" to attach to one of the brackets that support the plenum at the back, but it doesn't matter where it is attached. Most people attach it to one of the bolts holding the throttle cable bracket, item 2 in the diagram (center, top).

As for the wire it could be for the brake fluid sensor, but I'm not sure. You can download the service manuals here:
Service Manuals

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's "supposed" to attach to one of the brackets that support the plenum at the back, but it doesn't matter where it is attached. Most people attach it to one of the bolts holding the throttle cable bracket, item 2 in the diagram (center, top).

As for the wire it could be for the brake fluid sensor, but I'm not sure. You can download the service manuals here:
Service Manuals
Hey thanks for the reply. I'll be sure to connect it. Do you know what that ground is for? ECU? Just curious

1 - 5 of 5 Posts