Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into pricing out changing my exhaust system and I'm trying to find the stock exhaust size to find a Y pipe to change the size. I've looked around and seen people saying 2" 2 1/2" and 2 1/4". Which is it? Was looking to bump it up to a 3" exhaust with high flow cats and the outlaw muffler from flowmaster.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
If you're wanting to bump up the 3in, I assume that you are replacing the exhaust for performance purposes. With that in mind the first question I would ask is have you gutted the front and rear pre cats? Because that will give you more performance versus enlarging the exhaust pipe diameter. That said I don't have my spec OEM exhaust me more past the pre cats, but based on your signature suggesting that you're talking about adding I know exhaust to a 92 model year vehicle, if you go to stealth 316.com, and click under the either resources or libraries tab Jeff Lucius website has the 91 92 and 93 manuals I believe in PDF format you should be able to find the OEM specs there. Most certainly there's a resource here as well I just don't happen to know where it is because I've downloaded the one that Lucius had or has so I don't have to have internet access to work on the car though that's not always the case LOL!

Peace

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i plan
If you're wanting to bump up the 3in, I assume that you are replacing the exhaust for performance purposes. With that in mind the first question I would ask is have you gutted the front and rear pre cats? Because that will give you more performance versus enlarging the exhaust pipe diameter. That said I don't have my spec OEM exhaust me more past the pre cats, but based on your signature suggesting that you're talking about adding I know exhaust to a 92 model year vehicle, if you go to stealth 316.com, and click under the either resources or libraries tab Jeff Lucius website has the 91 92 and 93 manuals I believe in PDF format you should be able to find the OEM specs there. Most certainly there's a resource here as well I just don't happen to know where it is because I've downloaded the one that Lucius had or has so I don't have to have internet access to work on the car though that's not always the case LOL!

Peace
I planned on putting in high flow cats on the exhaust so everything from the manifold back would be getting replaced.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Well I just took a few minutes lookimg at the service manual amd cant find a size simemsion indicated anywhere. It doesn't mean the manual doesn't say it someplace. It simply means I didn't say anything so it's probably more efficient for you too yes grab a caliper and go measure it on your car, LOL. Peace.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Well I just took a few minutes lookimg at the service manual amd cant find a size simemsion indicated anywhere. It doesn't mean the manual doesn't say it someplace. It simply means I didn't say anything so it's probably more efficient for you too yes grab a caliper and go measure it on your car, LOL. Peace.
LOL! I'm using talk and type and it's misspelling my words. How odd! Anyway the sentiment is the same regardless of all the misspelling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts