Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
flip her upside down
that should do the trick...
if it starts tto stall try and adjust it if it still does it put it back

The mas connects to a rubber tube with two outlets(y shape) that goes directly to the turbos. Inside of the rubber tube at the bottom is a small plastic tube (someone called it the bov silencer but I am not sure if that is the proper name.) Anyway... pull it out.

·
Dare to be Stupid
2,739 Posts
Silencer:
Take your MAS off. The silencer is the little Y-shaped plastic thing inside of the intake hose. Takes a little work, but rock it back & forth until you can pull it out. It's inside the big black thing in this pic:

It made my BOV slightly louder, but as far as function, no difference.

As far as flipping it over, some people have had good luck with it others haven't. If it doesn't blow off properly you will hear a sound like the air is being cut up. That'd be compressor surge, not good. If you hear anything like that change it back.

Marius, how can you adjust the stock BOV? I'm looking at mine right now, & don't see anyway to do it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
thats tru eh?! my bad the stock bov cant be adujsted sorry im losing my memory lol
thanx for the correction you cant adjust it but you can adjust most after market bov incase you're wondering

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.