Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal that I dont hear the BOV????also im putting a K&N FIPK kit this week and I want to know if it helps to hear the BOV and if its loud

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah how do u remove the silencer??im installing FIPK this week but if I can have it even louder I want to know how!!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
please I would like an answer now so I can go and remove it and see how it sounds....btw at how much rpm u need to rev it so I hear it bad???im talking about when im just reving the engine and not moving and shifting....

·
Registered
799 Posts
I did remove my silencer,
whenever I had it out however... after I installed my turboxs RFL it made the car stall out ...

anyways,

if you know where your (MAS) Mass Airflow Sensor is.. (the thing that will attach to your K&N).. take off your MAS .. and look inside there for a small shiny plastic piece, pry it out with a small screwdriver...

goodluck with it!

its kinda a bitch to get back in, just pay attention to how you take it out!!

lol,
if you speak english, you are more than welcome to call my cell and i could try to help you through it 1-724-217-4800

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anybody else took it out and had problems with it???cause u I think its because the XS is open loop wich made it stall....

im new with 3s so im not sure is the MAS the black box located on my intake near the filter box?and how do I open the box??I tought it was something on the BOV but seems its more complicated please explain and if I dont get it then maybe ill call u(long distance I live in quebec!!!!!)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hey man,

A few of us have had problems with it stalling,
if it does, no big deal, just pop it back in! Just remember which way it goes in.

Yes the MAS, is the black box next to the filter box! there is a clamp on the one side of the MAS. Loosen that and pull it off! You may hafta wiggle it a bit, especially if you still have the stock filter box on! Its not on the BOV!

goodluck

any more questions
ill try to help

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I just got my car and liscence but I heard live some cars like supras and other cars when they rev it the BOV depress

·
Twin 16T
1,981 Posts
Yeah i know what your talking about. Anyone know how you can do that. I think you might be able to do it with an open atmosphere BOV but im not sure. You just got your license? How old r you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im 16 and got my liscence this weekend....and got my car 2 weeks ago!!!!not the usual starter car I know.....and since I live in a shitty place of winter where nobody has great cars and tuners have ricers well I have one of the best car here in Quebec!!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
ah i believe the car does make boost at idol, because
with my TurboXS RFL - its fruckin loud..

and
i can shoot my BOV off at idle,
even if you remove the silencer,
start saving up,
if you want attention,
get the TurboXS RFL..
its freakin loud..

·
Registered
799 Posts
what color is your car ?
and how many miles?
any pix?

ah thank god for Montreal
thats where we got our Mario from :)

GO PENS!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AH U F**** PR***!!!!!!lol im joking anyway the habs arent anymore wat they were b4.....

ok now back to my car
as for the color its written below....dark red
has 160k miles and im gonna take some pictures soon

mods to come this spring are boost controller and exhaust and maybe springs(not sure if I will)

also im almost sure to get lambo doors for it as my father might back me up on money for this mod bcause he thinks its cool!!!!

I paid the car myself and it costed me 10 400 canadian bucks....I think its a good deal, its in very good shape and every1 told me engine looks really clean!!!!

·
Twin 16T
1,981 Posts
Oh congradulations on your car!!!!! Just becareful. It is very tempting to drive fast. I drive mine extra slow just so i can watch everyone stare at it. Im only 18.

StealthyTurbo91- your car does not make any boost idol. The turbos spin but you dont make any boost. You can ask Matt @ dynamic racing for another opinion.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well for now I cant drive alone until about 8month...then I get a liscence that I will have ONLY 4 points on it......if I can keep my 4 points b4 I get my real liscence at 18 im gonna pay myself 500hp of mods!!!lol

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hey jamesyot..i think you are right..lol, after posting that, I had thought about it....ill be lookin that up though for the next couple hours..LOL

ah smart drivin yours extra slow, i guess i do the same thing, I got a Yellow Stealth, and they aren't real common, i just love to see peoples reactions when they hear the BOV before they see the car

this is my 3rd stealth, the first one was an '92 R/T N/A.bought in Sept of 2000... . a beautiful car...with a sad ending, well one saturday in february.. BAM .. fishtailed it right into a tree, that was a couple years ago, i was 18..
i was very fortunate that God wanted my friend and I to live through that.. the airbag went..and the last thing i said was "dave hold on"..and BAM... hit a tree stump.. both of us wearing seatbelts..and both of us walked out of the car without a scratch... the car though.. well it didnt look as bad as it was (front end crunched and the side body panels a lil bent, it coudlve been fixed) , they totalled it for $9,900 .. only had 67k miles, it was a shame..the good thing, I only paid $5,200 at my moms work (Dodge Dealer, traded in, only had 63k miles).. but either way, it was a costly lesson...and couldve been much worse, I thank God im still here today

A couple months later(april/may 2001), after i talked mom and dad.. into another one..(I PAY FOR MY CARS)..just lettin me on their insurance, .. well my dad wanted me to get another one, as he was in quite a bit of wrecks when he was younger.. but went down to Maryland and found a beautiful '91 R/T Twin Turbo (firestorm red) totally loaded for the 91 model year.. ...drove it..and loved it..
2 weeks later came home with it..it had 51k miles on it, and drove great.. paid $10,500 for that.. ..

Well anyways, dated this girl for a year.. she got to experience both red Stealths first hand, the TT always reminded me of her, she messed me up in the head bad.. i was in a mental depression state for 4 months, and it sounds stupid, the Red 91 TT always reminded me of her.. I love the car...but hated the Ex G/F .. I would never sell the car.. ..or so I thought. but..

well this past summer.. i ran into a guy, selling a '94 R/T Twin Turbo that was Pearl Yellow..and bought it...
sold the Red one to my dad..
so thats how we have 2 TT's.. :)

The 91 Red TT has 68k miles on it
94 Yellow TT has 59,990 miles on it

Both cars still run great..
both have had the 60k mile service done, and the red cars clutch has been replaced

check out my post on the yellow car..
after finally gettin all my problems with it fixed...
its all good again..(the Yellow Car)

http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=111946&goto=newpost

What I'm trying to preach is this,
I've destroyed one of these pieces of automotive history, (92 R/T) whether or not it was a N/A or TT, every day there are less and less of them, granted the car got messed up ..and could probably be fixed by a mechanic knowing what they were doing.. ..well either way, everytime you start that Stealth or 3000 no matter how many miles.. . always keep in mind .. dont put yourself in danger, or your passenger, and if you wreck the car, its one less Stealth or 3000 that there is in the world.. you own a piece of automotive history...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol that was funny and sad...but ur getting off topic there lets just stay on the BOV topic plz

1 - 20 of 36 Posts