Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Time traveler
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's a dumb one. I have read thread after thread where people talk about how certain BOV's are as loud as the stock. Maybe I have the only silent stock BOv but my 99 Vr4's BOV is barely audible! Has anyone modified it to be an atmospheric BOV by opening up the line and plugging the return? I am only looking to have this so called mod for the time being till I get a real BOV. Thanks for the input!

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
yes, you can do that, but it will probably leak causing bad/stumbling results. You can also reverse your stock bov and make it louder (it works without any bad side effects) also, make sure you have cone filter on there, otherwise the stock airbox muffles the sound. You can also remove the bov silencer

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
you could do that...it might stall a bunch..and since its the stock one it cant be adjusted to compensate for the stalling. try it if you want..it will definately be louder than stock if you make it open air, but if it starts stalling id say to put it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.