Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE ONE OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE KNOW IF YOU WHENE INSTALLING A NEW HEADUNIT IN A 3KGT WITH INFINITY AUDIUO SET UP IF YOU CAN JUST BYPASS THE STOCK AMPP INSTED OF HAVING TO REWIRE ALL THE SPEAKERS ALL THE WAY FROM THE NEW HEAD UNIT. MEANIN CAN YOU CUT THE INCOMMING WIRES INTO THE AMP OFF AND CUT THE OUTGOING WIRES OFF AND JUST SPLICE THEM TGHETHER?? AND IF ANYONE DID THIS GIMME SOME STEP BY STEP. THANKS ALOT..................PEACE

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
You can rewire it from the headunit to the outputs of the amp. The inputs of the amp is a din cord and yes it is possible but would take more time to figure it out which wires are what than it would to just run 4 wires from the deck to the outputs of the amp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ummm no There still on. Have you been trying to rewire your keyboard again ?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ran all of my wires directly to the 4ch Amp. For two reasons. The factory wire is very thin and you always shout go to a larger guage wire for sound quality. For two because it is just a pain to deal with probeing all those factory wires and splicing or buying wireing harneses. Just run brand new wire under the carpet (Away from the Power wires to amps) I run the speaker wires down the drivers side of the car to the 4ch amp behind the backseats, and the Power wire downd the passenger side. If you run then side by side all togeather you will get a wineing noise when you drive. Remember to also unplug the factory amp under your seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.