Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone verify Stillen's says that their air intake is a few tested HP better than the K&N? The reason I'm asking is because I just got my R/T TT a month ago and that is the first thing I'm going to buy. Not trying to save money on this item but trying to get the best quality intake on the market. Also considering the HKS intake.

Any advise would be of considerable value.

Thanks in advace.
Bryen
Indianapolis IN

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
don't listen to those bastards! they are money-sucking-vampires...trust me I know...I bought lotta shit for my maxima including their stillen filter kit (it's a K&N with their custom adapter) so fuck those guys!!!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Stillens intake is a simple K&N filter with a simply copy of the K&N adapter. The differences are within a typical dyno tolerance .. not worth the more money !

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks that's good enough for me. But does the fuck those guys apply to every thing or can I find the things (HKS things) I want at a better price elsewere?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The HKS filter are the worst filtering elements of all. Furthermore it is not cleaneable and you always have to buy a new foam.

Get the 2nd Gen DSM filtercharger for around $99 and you'll get the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Stillen is a good place if you have alot of money and can leave your car there for them to put parts on for you. Their mechanics are top notch (atleast working on Zs, not sure about working on 3Ss tho). I live 10min away from them and had seen work done on my friends 300Z tt.. very clean work!

But if you just want parts, go to Brian ( www.gtpro.com ) or www.robocar.com ; they can give you better deals! Stillen is a total rip off~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts