Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to upgrade my stereo to an Android double-din system (i.e. mostly cheap... I know), however I'm quite confused about the Amp (or at least I think that's an amp back behind my stereo). It has both a 9-pin connector and a round 6-pin connector attached to my stock stereo. Is there a good resource that describes the wiring? I just know very little about amps, and I was not expecting 2 additional wiring harnesses attached to the stock stereo. Any info would be helpful and appreciated! Thx!

· SDSU Alumnus
5,165 Posts

· Premium Member
215 Posts
Dash front and door wired in series? Hmmm. Here is a diagram of the 2g Infinity Amp. Is clearly shows individual pin +/- sets going to every speaker directly. This is fully adaptable to the 1g head unit. Even the 6 disc cd changer can be used with the oem 1g head unit. I know as I have a 92 vr4 with an oem 1g (cassette) hu running perfectly with both 2g amp and 2g 6 disc changer.

Not sure if this will help. But I happen to have a spare 2g amp if interested message me
  • Peace

Attachments

· Registered
567 Posts
2G (infinity) has individual connection to the dash speakers and that is coming from the infinity amp, the 1G dash speakers come from the same output as the front speakers in the HU connector, pretty sure they are in parallel, I swapped a 2G montero amp (300w) and had to cut those wires and put them directly to the amp.

· Premium Member
215 Posts
Albert0 thanks for ckarifying what I meant to with my reply. That the 92 oem speakers can be wired directly to the 2g amp with no issues. I would recommend tunning new speaker wire though. Because in my case I didnt have a male 20 pin adapter harness to matck the 20 pin amp plug recepticle. Had to add push pin ends to every single wire. o_O lol!!!

· Registered
1 Posts
Dash front and door wired in series? Hmmm. Here is a diagram of the 2g Infinity Amp. Is clearly shows individual pin +/- sets going to every speaker directly. This is fully adaptable to the 1g head unit. Even the 6 disc cd changer can be used with the oem 1g head unit. I know as I have a 92 vr4 with an oem 1g (cassette) hu running perfectly with both 2g amp and 2g 6 disc changer.

Not sure if this will help. But I happen to have a spare 2g amp if interested message me
  • Peace
hello,
I h exactly this radio and I’d like to re install to my GT because someone before had installed crazy big radio which I have throw it away. But I am looking for the scheme of connection because all wires was cut off and there is now connector so I don’t know which wire is what for.
can you help me please?
[email protected] seznam.cz

· Lovbyts
4,510 Posts
Buy an aftermarket adapter plug so you dont have to cut the OEM plug for the power & speakers.. I ran RCA cables inside the carpet next to the center console to new amps & crossover I mounted on the back of the rear seats instead of the OEM speaker harness to bypass the amp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.