Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first sorry, if this has been posted before. I just bought a Steath RT/TT and want to transfer the stereo out of my celica...., but am wondering how do I add an aftermarket stereo and still be able to use the steering wheel controls. Is there any way? Please help me out...:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ya your right this has been posted before, like last week! It will not work.been there before.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
It CAN be done. Some companies sell adaptors to hook it up. Run a search on the board to see if anyone has posted who sells the parts.

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
I'll second Gate. it can be done.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks.....I'll have to give that adapter a try, and transplant my JVC kameleon to my stealth. Is there anyone out there who has purchased this adapter???????

·
Registered
727 Posts
I asked about this a long time ago and it can be done. You need to get an adaptar (cost about 150 bucks) and hook it up and it should work fine.

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
The adapter that has been posted around on the boards is actually only about $50. Plenty people have looked into it, but i dont think anybody has really tried it yet.

·
addicted to BOOOOOST
412 Posts
so you need the adapter PLUS what is pictured in that link? or am i just reading this wrong :eek:

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
No, the link is the adapter.

·
Canada Eh!
523 Posts
I plan on doing it next spring when I install my new system

I say next spring cause VR-4's gone hibernating for the winter:(

I don't know if anyone has attempted this before but my plan is this: When I figure out the kind of Head unit I get I am going to check the remote(The deck I get has to and most probally will come with one) I will dismantle the remote mount the infared eye somewhere where it can "see" the deck and wire the steering wheel controls to the remote.

Sounds easy but I think I am gonna have a tough task at hand, especially if the remote is one of the card:eek: type that both of my current Panasonic decks have.

But crusin' around with the stock system for like 5 months now I really like the wheel controlls now.
Mike
:cool:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Question, how would one of these work, and why couldn't we build one by ourselves? anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think it's "basically" the same idea as a universal remote....that will learn the functions of any stereo, and translate them to the steering wheel controls.....not sure if that helps...?

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
ttt

It probably hasn't arrived or been installed yet, but I'm anxious to know if it works. I have a JVC that I'd like to use my steering wheel controls with also.
thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a quick update. I got the adapter in the mail today......looks like a fairly simple install. I will install it this weekend...cross your fingers...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts