Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ziggy Socky!
1,717 Posts
I've asked around about this and the answer is yes/no

No if you buy a aftermarket system it will not directly work.

Yes you can make it work if your new stereo has a wireless remote. You will need to buy an adapter for around $70 and program it to your steering wheel controls.

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
I've never seen anyone able to get that to work. If you were REALLY ambitious.....if your new head unit came with a remote and you are pretty handy with a soldering iron....there is enough room under the steering wheel to rig the remote with the buttons. Frankly...I can easilly reach the stereo and it isn't really a problem.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
there is a product out that connects to the end of the wiring harness coming off the steering wheel controls that's just a small IR emitter. you hook that up, point it a the IR port on your head unit, and program the sucker. It's about $50 or so last time I checked.

whether it works or not is an entirely different story :)

~matt

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Wrathchild said:
I've never seen anyone able to get that to work. If you were REALLY ambitious.....if your new head unit came with a remote and you are pretty handy with a soldering iron....there is enough room under the steering wheel to rig the remote with the buttons. Frankly...I can easilly reach the stereo and it isn't really a problem.
Hehe, I did that, took apart the remote and soldered it into the steering wheel controls, sort of a pain in the ass. I sold the head unit a little while later :rolleyes:

I made a post saying how to do it a long long time ago. If you search you can find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.