Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ex best friend, (he is my ex because his girl went to me instead of him, but when you have a Stealth, it happens) wants to race me for $50 and swears up and down that his neon can outrun my stealth. We both have automatics. So what should i do guys? Race or Not?

·
Evil Trucker
396 Posts
Depends, unless he has some significant mods, i wouldnt worry about it.....If its stock for stock, you will take him...his 50,...and u have already taken his girl (which is just wrong). Unless it was for 50 bucks, i wouldnt have even wasted time

·
F orum Whore/troll
847 Posts
well i saw a nosed neon run high 14's and it was an auto i think.

as for the girl. i think that's low. if he was your best friend, i would never go after my friends or best friends girl or a girl he liked and was trying to go out with at least for a while after the smoke cleared. i guess you never heard of "Bro's B4 Hoes"

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Guys, he didnt like me before i took his girl, i might now have made that clear in my first post, but i also think that its wrong. I have more respect for my friends than that.

·
Registered
467 Posts
My friends auto Neon ran a 20.25 in the 1/4 last Thursday. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
this guy better have nos or a turbo setup if he wants a chance at you? If not don't even worry about it. The fastest neon made which is the r/t only has around 160 horsepower. About the girl, well i wouldn't take my best friends woman, but i don't know the story so i won't comment, just race that guy and beat him

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Best Friend

Just so all of you dont think im an ass for taking my best friends girl, im goin to tell you the story. My "Best Friend" goes and talks sh*t about me behind my back to all of my other friends and then makes a complete fool out of me in front of a lot of people. That pissed me off. So naturally, i wasnt goin to get him back there, but i got him back. Just remember, Don't get Mad, Get even. But thanks you guys, im goin to race that little neon and take my girl out to dinner with his $$$$$.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
lol, good idea. Use his money. Poor bastard gets pissed off and thinks his Neon is god. what is that? I just won't comment anymore

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Just make sure he doesn't have any mods. ( mods for a Neon? :rolleyes: ) You never know, I always remeber seen the Geo Storm that ran 10's on the quater with slicks. So either this guy has no idea what a Stealth is, or has something weird up his sleeve.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The R/T has 150hp, as do all the DOHC neons. The SOHC engines have 132hp except for the 01 R/T and 01 ACR which have 150hp. The autos are dogs off the line, regaurdless of engine. Once they're up to speed they aren't too bad, but the 5-speed would kick it's ass by about 3 seconds in the 1/4th mile. If it's an auto like you say, you should win easy. If I were you though I'd make sure it's auto before you race, cause if it's a 5 speed I'd have to say you're done.

Jason

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey man, I just realized that you're in Logan WV. I'm in Cross Lanes, about 45 minutes from there. Hear there's a lot of "good" racing down there on the weekends, every go out and watch?

Jason

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can't believe anyone asks about being able to take a NEON...lol. If your even worried about losing to a NEON you shouldn't be racing. Man... a Stealth guy worried about a Neon. :rolleyes:

Never take a friends girl. Remember no matter what "Bro's before Ho's". Nough said about that.

WD

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
JasoNeon said:
If I were you though I'd make sure it's auto before you race, cause if it's a 5 speed I'd have to say you're done.

Jason
WTF are you smoking...yeah a 5 speed with a 100 shot of nos and he's done :rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
what's wrong with taking "your Bro's Ho". Been married to mine for 4 years.
So 92 Stealth ES don't worry 'bout that.
See guys, you don't always no the circumstances behind the situation.
And stock for stock I think you got no problem.

·
Registered
162 Posts
hardluckranch said:
what's wrong with taking "your Bro's Ho". Been married to mine for 4 years.
That sounds like somthing a Marine would say. Thats a good way to prove loyalty and trust to no one but yourself. Hope you don't have to depend on him in a fire fight.

WD

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
If it's a stock Neon then I would not worry about it... especially if it's an auto. *BUT* I ran in to a guy at the local 1/8 that was running a turbo setup on his Neon as was cutting 8.7 in the 1/8. At the time that would put him neck & neck with me in the 1/8 (luckily I learned how to drive a little better since then and I could now womp him with no problem...). So, let's do the math, 8.7 * 1.55 = 13.48. Not too shabby for a Neon, now matter what light you paint it in. ;)

Again, unless he has something up his sleeve, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
WD,
you had better have been joking. and if you were, you failed miserably at any semblance of humor. the "saying" bros before hoes is exactly that - a saying - not gospel. all's fair in love an war - and if you haven't figured that out yet - grow up. my best friend stole my gf once - best thing he ever did for me. he later ditched her, and we're great friends again - and laugh about it over a beer. either way, shut the hell up about marines being disloyal!
Matt

·
Registered
169 Posts
WD,
You dumb f***, why didn't you quote the whole thing instead of just what you wanted. Sounds to me like your an AF F**** who's got something against the Corps.
And like I said-
"See guys, you don't always no the circumstances behind the situation"
Why didn't you add that to your post of insolence.
You don't know the situation so stick you damn boot in your mouth and shut the F*** Up.

And as for a fire fight, I gaurandamntee you wish you had me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
WD,
And I've just got to call you a Bitch. because that's what your acting like.
This Post is about a frickn Neon/Stealth Race. not frickin GF's.

I know your cool and shit. I read your posts of things and you know your shit.
But taking a personal hit against me like that's going too far.
So with that said, I apologize for stooping to your level and calling you a dumb F***.

Shit- I don't know the more i think about the more i get pissed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts