Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as Josh or Mistukid will tell you it has been pissing down in Oklahoma... I just didn't realize how much. I went to take the long way to my parking spot, down a little grass knoll (those things are always trouble) and back up onto a little slab of pavement outside my front door...

Well, I went down the knoll... and promptly sunk 4" down. No problem, I rock it gently with 1st and reverse, and move it about 10' farther into the swamp. Finally I get a little desperate... I get upset... I get 5 and 6 grand in the mud... then I stop... finally a neighbor comes by and uses a couple army tow straps and my friends 4X4 to pull me out... I have a lot of ruts to fix... but lemme tell ya, don't try this at home... We are not a match for a mud racer!
Also I think my alignment or toe is screwed... I shake at all speeds, but mostly after about 85... just a shimmy, but constant and annoying... oh, and I spend 8:35 seconds washing my car at the local car wash... guys in trucks stopped and ohh'd and ahhh'd, Yeah, I gots mud on the roof, the hood, the drivers door... (stupid me I had it open to talk and they told me to try and give it more... so I did... mud didn't hit until stopped spinning... then it came... yuck)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Your gonna laugh like hell when I tell you where I got this idea, but could your shake all speeds have something to do with mud and/or water getting inside your tires in your little off-road adventure? Seems a little unplausible as I can't see how water or mud could get past the rim/tire seal, but I saw it in a movie once (I think it was "My Cousin Vinnie").

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
REALLY??? I don't see how, but I gots a problem... I have come down that little knoll every night for a week before... Last night I think it was just a little bit too much... I was sinking just stanging there... WAY TOO WET!

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
TTRT, Mikes idea actually is a viable one. Having spent 6 years in NH winters (winter), there were times when I'd get snow/ice in the wheels and it's cause a shimmy. That's added weight on one side of the wheel, throws it outta balance. Could be you got a gob of mud-turned-rock dried to the inside of your wheel somewhere that's causing it.

EricB

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Hey all you had to do was just push that little button under the dash just like they do with the Viper on the 'VIPER' show

Sorry it just came to me when I was reading these posts.

Happy Holidays,
Andy
93 VR4

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was mud, however they found that when they pulled the wheels off, that my front HTRZII's (put them on the day before Thunder Valley!!) are starting to wear on the inside just like my old tires!!!! They said it was struts!!! Koni? KYB? what should I do??? I don't care to keep ECS... just good handling

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Did you have a Mitsubishi garage check the struts? I know that they can test them to be sure that they are operating right. Or that's what they told me, I had a faulty one and they told me that it wouldn't switch to the tour and that it was locked in Sport. I know now that they can be purchased at around $140ish from the wholesale place that give us discounts. I paid $170ish ,I think, from that garage that checked it before joining 3SI. Maybe it's just the toe in/out ?

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts