Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been racing around or even exposing my engine to high torgue because it's in need of the 60k tune up but I couldn't help myself when I saw a red 2nd gen 3000GT. Time is 2:30. It was in the left lane and I was coming up on it in the right lane. I recognized it was a 3000GT and sped up to catch the attention of the driver. I got up next to him and started screwing aorund just so he'd look over and see me. At this point I couldn't see who was driving but I did see a female riding shotgun so I figured she was with a dude and that would mean he'd definatly race. I fell back to look for a VR4 badge but I didn't see it and even though I knew he was as fast or maybe faster than me I still wanted to race (This was the first 3kgt I've encounted on an open road). At the first red ight we catch, I look over at him as he pulls up cheesing my ass off.:D I revved my engine and he looked over at me and sorta shook his head. :mad: I figured he wasn't gonna race cause maybe his car was fucked up or something but when it turns green we both accelerate, slowly at first and then take off. I shifted into 2nd a little too early so he was able to pull on be but when I got into 3rd I just flew by him. It did seem like he was trying but I shut down at 80. We get to the next light and this time we both take off as soon as it's green. I stayed in 1st a little longer as I was about 3 feet behind him until I got into 3rd again and passed him. I pulled into this strip mall place, hoping to talk to him. He also pulls in but doesn't follow me and insted goes to the 'Burlington Coat Factory.' I saw a Trans Am with Ram Air and thought maybe cars gathered here but couldn't find any others. Any way, I drove over to him and said "Hey.. I like your car." He sorta laughed and was like "Yeah.." He musta thought I was sarcastic or something and I immediatly knew we got off to a bad start. I tried showing a little more sincere instrest and was like "What year is that?" He just said "A '94." and then added "You're just lucky I took my nitrous out" I told him I needed to replace my timing belt and he told me I shouldn't race like that. I just said "I know." He was getting sorta antsy and was like "Okay, later man" and just walked away with his girl. I sorta felt like an ass afterward since it seemed like such an akward position..

Well anyway, whats everone think of this? Was it a kill or did he just simply not have an interest in driving too fast? He seemed like a better driver than me so I can't really figure out an explanation as to why I was able to pull away like that. Oh well, it was fun. :D

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He was racing, no one accelerates to 7000 rpm and shifts that hard when their doing casual street driving, it just seemed him he shut down early. If you read what I wrote, you'd see that he followed me into the mall, I just drove down towards the store he parked in front of.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
If he (Havok) wants to talk to someone that has a similar car as his, and they are going somewhere close to where he is, then what's wrong with trying to talk to him? He saw that the other guy wasn't too interested in talking (and probably made up some bs story about NOS), so he left him alone. If YOU (chuck) don't want to talk to anyone about these kind of cars, then why are you on this board?

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
chuck,

Did you even read havok's thread??? I don't see anything wrong with anything he did. Thats why this board exists, so people that own 3/S can talk to each other about the cars and whatnot. So maybe this guy wasn't really into talking at the moment or whatever the reason was, but i would have done the same thing, no hurt in trying to talk to a fellow 3si driver.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
yeah i know you shouldn't race when the other person doesn't want to. But he said that he was racing and the other guy was still inhead of him, so that means the guy was flooring it too. So you can't say he didnt' want to race, or else he would have stayed back and driven slowly

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Havok_TT said:
I shifted into 2nd a little too early so he was able to pull on be but when I got into 3rd I just flew by him. It did seem like he was trying but I shut down at 80. We get to the next light and this time we both take off as soon as it's green. I stayed in 1st a little longer as I was about 3 feet behind him until I got into 3rd again and passed him.
Chuck, i don't want to argue with you, but since you asked, here is your proof that havoc was losing at first and then pulled ahead

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
chuck, calm down man. I'd say that you can tell he was racing by one comment the guy made: "you're just lucky I didn't have my NOS." ... as for why you passed him in 3rd, I'd say since you have an ES I'm guessing he had an SL. If he had an SL you have a 100lb weight advantage (or even more depending on the features you have) which would help you win. Either way, you guys are a little touchy today arent you? :)

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, Chuck..

I'm not sure what you're not understanding. At the first light, he accelerated HARD. If you're not interested in racing why take the tach up to 7000 rpm? Before you ask, NO, I did not fly by him before he floored it. He actually accelerated a little faster than me which may have had something to do with the lead he had. He was clearly racing and you saying otherwise makes no sense. At the second light we both took off as soon as the light turned green. And yes, we were both flooring it. The 3 foot lead I was refering to he had on me from the light (my front bumper was at his passenger side door) but the lead closed when I was getting to the higher RPMs in 2nd and by 3rd I was completely ahead of him.

It seemed like a good race to me but he was probably pissed he lost in front of his girl. One more thing.. if he really "was NOT racing.....period" why go at it again at the second light? I thought I described what happened pretty accuratly in my first post and you trying to tell me he wasn't racing is absolutly absurb. If he didn't want to race and was worried about endangering someone, he didn't have to. PERIOD. I didn't get inside his cabin and slam on the gas, HE DID. No one can tell how someone is going to react at the end of the race until the race ends. When I put on my blinker to turn into the mall (I was ahead of him, afterall) and I saw his go on it seemed like he was interested in talking or at least seeing my car. I definatly wanted to see his. When I started talking to him I could tell he wasn't interested so I left. End of story.

You'd actually go at someone with a tire iron because you lost a race? That's pretty juvenile and turning it into an indirect threat makes it a little more pathetic. If you're looking to start beef with someone, do it on another board.. I'm really not interested in arguing with you; I'm just trying to explain what happened as clearly as possible. Now this is the last of this.

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
Chuck stop being a recycled douche bag, I think it was obvious that the guy was racing and most likely didn't want to talk to him because his girlfriend knew he was racing and lost and didn't want to chat with the victor to save face. You need to relax and quit being a rude cum bubble.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
You did nothing wrong "havoc"!;) I would have done the same thing.

It seems that "Chucky" needs to refill his valium prescription and chill out... Chucky, you better watch out who you pull crowbars or whatever on because it might be taken away from ya and you might be the one gasping for air as he crushes your ribs in with it.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
this turned into a really funny thread :D

·
the fat and the furriest
288 Posts
bad chuck, naughty naughty chuck, you should read the post better chuck, as for him needing a life, you do realize that racing, be it street, drag, autoX, road course, yadayada, is a life for some of us, its what we like to do, thats why we drive fast cars, somepeople like them for the looks, but some of us would drive a brick if it had enough killing power, so settle just down ;)

·
Registered
531 Posts
whoa, Chuck, easy bro, why would you get so upset after losing a race? When I lose a race, it's cause the other guy has a faster car, or, because he's a better driver. No need to take a tire iron to him. Jeez.

Now as for the race, you beat that tool fair and square. He tried to race, and you beat him. The guy was a total douche, so don't worry. I like the crap about his NOS. When will people ever learn?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Good Kill man...it is pretty obvious that you are racing when you are flooring it and the car next to you is in front of you by like 3 kills...

and as for not talking to you...he was probably pissed cuz you made him feel stupid by his girl...

But nonetheless I would have done the same thing.;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
it appears some troll has gained access to my login and password and decided to use my account for wrongful purposes,such as the ones that were in this thread.I have deleted them......sorry havoc "you da man" in my book,i'am surprised that dudes chick just did not leave him right there for you,i mean come on with your es and racin moves what girl could resist,and no doubt you've got a sticker of that fluttering thingy under your name on the back of your es...the ladies just go crazy for that....but ofcourse i don't have to tell you that....once again great kill, keep runnin em down! :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
HAHA, i highly doubt that happened. Hes just trying to cover his ass after the remarks he made. he probably didn't know people were going to trash on him like they did, so nows hes making up for his mistake.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
"Your lucky I took my NOS out" - What a f*cking idiot. It's people like that. If you lose, just accept it, you gives a shit. I say nice kill, but if he had his NOS he would have smoked you.....please....some people are idiots. You can add NOS to a bigwheel and beat a Z06 if you spray enough.

·
Registered
557 Posts
hey 3kgt tt vr-4

you could have at least got the turn signal lens before taking your sig pic:D ....nice pile of dirt too:p

1 - 20 of 62 Posts