Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Got the car straight piped from the exit of the stock header collector to the muffler. Makes a nice little gurgling sound under acceleration. Kinda reminds me of my friend's stock Z34 Lumina back in the day now. No noticeable difference in performance. I raced it against my son's BPU Stealth TT today from a 40 roll. By the time I got to 100 MPH he was easily 200 yards ahead of me. It didn't even look like I was racing against him. Oh well, I ordered one of those intake kits with a free flowing filter on it yesterday as well and also new spark plugs, plug wires and going to put on the SOS coils that I already have. I doubt it those things will make a noticeable difference either but they can't hurt. Maybe if I do everything and get a hundred pound driver in the car, it'll break the 11 second 1/8th mile barrier but I doubt it. I really want to try the long tube headers as well but they might be cost prohibitive on this car. At least it's now a little different than every other Stealth supposedly just like it. To me, that's important also. New aftermarket rims coming soon.

· Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The thrill of being able to hear the exhaust has worn off. Going to do a little something different now. I'm getting this MagnaFlow 14819 - SS Race Series Muffler w/ Tip - 3" IN / 4" Out - 21.375" Long | eBay
I'm taking it back to the same muffler shop that did the work before and running 3" from the stock collector back. If it's too loud, I'll put a resonator in line to subdue the sound a tad. I had this same muffler on my Stealth ES way back in the day and it was pretty loud if memory serves. Maybe I'll get an exhaust clip or something once installed so you can judge the sound for yourselves.

· Registered
1 Posts
3000gt 91-99
You could push in the 400's hp range with a 4 speed auto trans, anything over 500hp will create stress on the transmission. I would say upgrade parts like injectors, and open pistons to breathe more efficently.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.