Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that thinks the sides of the 1st gen. Stealth RTs have more character than the 2nd gens. Instead of what alot of people mistake for a big dent kicked into the side of my door, the 1st gens. lower door panels have the two carved lines and the lower body panels have the rear scoop.

I know I'll probably catch alot of flack for saying this, but I was wondering if I was the only one to think this way.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I totally agree with you.

I am of the school that if I was buying a 1st gen i would buy a stealth, if I was buying a 2nd gen I would buy a 3kGT.

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
gridlocked69 said:
Instead of what alot of people mistake for a big dent kicked into the side of my door
LOL I have noticed that SO many times. "Wow, looks like he keeps it in good shape..." is what I'm thinking.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You ain't alone...........That's one of the reasons I like the 1st gen's better.

Dave

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
Yep....I'm with the guy who said first gen stealth and 2nd (or above) 3000GT....

Although I'd be alright with about any.....but if I had my choice.....

I could not afford the newer 3000GT....I personally still like the first gen stealth better though. Except maybe the Spyder.:D

·
Fuddle-mental apparatus
1,067 Posts
My wife likes the 1st gen style side, which is why she has one. I, on the other hand love the smooth, round sleek look of my 2nd gen Stealth. I certainly would take either one, 3000GT or Stealth, I just prefer the 2nd gen style.

·
Tire Pumper Extraordinair
4,068 Posts
I like both styles for the sides, but I really dislike the pop up's on the first gen. Main reason I insisted on getting a 94+ was because of those darn pop-ups. I really prefer the projector style lights myself...

Ted

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
I 100% agree with you. When my '91 was totaled, I really wanted another 1st gen...IMO they looked so much better before they gave in to "media pressure". I couldn't find a 1st gen with less than 80K in TT or DOHC...so I went with this 2nd gen with 31k and a GREAT price. I loved the hood, the sideskirts, and the front and rear bumpers MUCH better...car looked longer and lower....more like a Ferrari. The 2nd gen are MUCH easier to wax however! I also like the 2nd gen headlights a little better because they look better when on....but I liked the pop ups too.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
The only thing that I don't really like about 1gen is front bumper.
I love the way the side looks but i want front bumper to be lower a bit.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
><i>Am I the only one that thinks the sides of the 1st gen. Stealth RTs have more character than the 2nd gens.</i>

No.

Ditto for the nose, the rear end, and the strut covers.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Owning a 95 Stealth I can say yes for the 1st.gen. side skirts.But I love the rear of the 2nd.gen it flows and doesn't have a set place for the exhaust.Plus I think the ridges running under the bottom give it a more exotic look.I also don't like the front of the first gen.Stealth it looks very sharp and angular.And along with those ugly square fogs I think the 1st.gen Stealth is the only one in the group that looks dated. It actually looks like it was designed 10 years ago.The front of the 2nd gen. makes the car look fat like it is. ;) I think the best combo though for a different car would be the 2nd.gen Stealth rear bumper,the 97 3k side skirts, and the 99 front bumper and wing.But everone has their own opinion.

·
2,994 Posts
I love them both. I actually like the second gen 3000Gt's more because their sideskirts are lower and has much more curves. I do know what the stealths are capible and thus have to give them the respect that they are due. They are kinda like the supras and 300ZX, they don't have the best flowing bodies, but you know what they can do, so you have to admire the cars anyway.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
I'm with the 1st Gen stealth crew....but I couldn't pass up the deal on a 2nd Gen TT...and the 6spd is awsome :D

·
Registered
863 Posts
I like the sides and front bumper of 1 Gen Stealth better but I do like the 2nd gens hood, headlights, and rear bumper though.

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
1st Gen R/T's look better all around, especially the side panels and front end. 2nd gen's are just too blunt-nosed for me. I do think that the 2nd gen rear end looks nice, though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whew!!!! Glad to see I was not alone on this one. For the record, I prefer the 2nd gens. rear bumper, and projecter head lights, and front end (sorta), just not the sides.

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
First Gens have nicer dashes too.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As a matter of fact, does anyone have or know of a set of door bottoms and side skirts from a 1st gen. RT/TT I could buy. I priced them at the dealer and they are $600 for the doors and $700 for the skirts. That's $2600 total. I WILL NOT pay that much for them or anything close to that. I'll even take a very used set for the right price. I have a set of 3000 GT door bottoms I'll part with, plus some money.

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
4,082 Posts
StealthTTBoy said:
I totally agree with you.

I am of the school that if I was buying a 1st gen i would buy a stealth, if I was buying a 2nd gen I would buy a 3kGT.
Right on! :)
Originally posted by Mikes95RT
But I love the rear of the 2nd.gen it flows and doesn't have a set place for the exhaust.Plus I think the ridges running under the bottom give it a more exotic look.
If it weren't for the Dodge Avenger . . . :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts