Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, that's right. I'm back from one of the longest nights of my life. It's 5:00am !! I went down to the local mountain pass after I had just turned my boost up to 0.8 bar. I decided to "try out the new strut bars"... and try them out I did! It all started as an innocent drive. Up came a turn, which I wasn't ready for. I slammed into the side of the mountain.

As far as damage goes:

The passenger side rear wheel seems to have gotten a good beating. There was mud and grass that actually made it into the seam of the wheel. Needless to say, my wheel alignment went to hell! I do wonder if it's still alignable??... or if I'm gonna need new suspension parts. Any guesses? Based on the severity of the damage, I'd estimate the collision to have taken place at 35mph. The only body damage is to the rear bumper assembly (will need to be replaced) and the passenger side rear quarter panel. The quarter panel damage looks like it can be straightened out. I'll have pics soon. However, I don't have a digital camera, but I'll try to get them developed tomorrow. The passenger side front tire went flat too , but that seems to be from sliding over a rock since there's no signs of body damage on that side of the car.

But there's more . . .

When the tow truck dropped me at home, I had to drive about 100 feet to my parking space. Since the two flat tires buckled as I turned into my parking spot, I ended up driving about 15 of those feet ON THE RIMS.. LITERALLY. Could that damage be machined, or will I need new wheels?

Oh, and... no comprehensive insurance = pay out of my pocket.

Wish me luck...

Riyan
93 stealth rt tt

mountain pass mod. :O

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
so how did the strut-bars (front and rear?) feel, lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
That sucks man but at least you know that your car isn't a mountain climber! j/k lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
billvp said:
so how did the strut-bars (front and rear?) feel, lol
To be honest, I'd have been much farther into that mountain without them. The car felt awesome. I just got overconfident that's all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks man, I didn't feel bad enough yet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't sweat it man, everybody's done something stupid. Just be glad it ain't worst.

. . . I remember a friend of mine crashing his 77' impala, leaning over to kiss his girlfriend . . . .

laaate,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.