Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Ive had a 1994 3000gt for several years (over 15 years ) we have had many issues with the vehicle, my dad own it prior to me and I wasn't old enough to drive yet. My dad ended up giving the vehicle to me, and I've been working on it for over 3 years don't have the money to be on it at all the time. there is a lot of things that was done to the vehicle but what I ended up doing was pulling th engine and transmission and inspected everything came to find out the engine had a small hole in the block. I didn't want to spend 3k on a long block so I've been stalking my local junk yards for an engine and I found one but it comes out of a 1993 Dodge stealth Non turbo as well. the engine looks exactly alike but I haven't been able to get a 100% it will work. some vacuum lines look different but would love some input if any one has done it.
Thank you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I will chime in what I know so far (still new to this platform) to give you some input. Hopefully someone can help give your a more 100% for sure answer.

Now, the only thing I'm not sure about the Dodge stealth if if they went the same route as the 3000gt when it switched over to the 2nd generation motors; whether it followed the years like the 3000gt also. If they did, then it looks like you will be trying to put a 1st gen motor into a 2nd gen. I would look for a 94 up.

Just a quick search pulled up a link with a little more info:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your response, I’ve looked over the link you provided me with and it has helped the other thing I am really confused about is on my old engine (3000gt) it had a egr valve coming directly from the exhaust but on this stealth engine I pulled it doesn’t have it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I believe all cali spec had them. Some 2nd gen 94-95 had them. I believe all the 96+ had them. This is again based off the 3000gt.

I think the biggest issue is wiring and ecu and a couple misc. things listed in that thread when going from a 2nd gen to a 1st gen. Most people tend to go the opposite 1g to 2g. Also, it could be that simply they may have deleted the egr which I see a lot of people doing.

Again, hopefully someone can give you a more for sure answer as I'm still diving myself into this platform.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts