Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,435 Posts
GREAT tool and an even better member (seller) :)

Bob.

·
Registered
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT/SL
28 Posts

Bob.
Just ordered i should receive by tomorrow night or Friday. He send me tracking info. How do you get to the sport and tour light to check if it burnt out sport only blink.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Bob.
Just ordered i should receive by tomorrow night or Friday. He send me tracking info. How do you get to the sport and tour light to check if it burnt out sport only blink.

·
14,435 Posts

·
14,435 Posts
It's not really.
The only part your interested in is "6. Combination meter and bezel. "

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's not really.
The only part your interested in is "6. Combination meter and bezel. "
Yes I saw that. I am still trying to get my hands on a pair of front ecs struts if you know of anyone. For the 94 MITSU. 3000GT. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,
I would like to order the scanner with cable for a 92 VR4, it only has the 12-pin connector, so that should be OBD I.
How much in total for this with shipping to Belgium please? Do you have the possibility to ship it with Fedex?

·
Premium Member
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Hello,
I would like to order the scanner with cable for a 92 VR4, it only has the 12-pin connector, so that should be OBD I.
How much in total for this with shipping to Belgium please? Do you have the possibility to ship it with Fedex?
12 pin connector is OBD1. Shipping extra to Belgium is $25 via CanadaPost tracked service, so $205 USD total. Last time I checked with Fedex it was around $160 to ship, I don't recommend this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 6 in stock, paypal is good. Look into the first message to find my paypal info. Thanks.
Hi, I would really like one of these scanner devices for a 95/96 JDM GTO (imported to UK) if you have any in stock ?

If so I'll be clicking the paypal link for the version with both cable connectors to cover OBD1 and OBD2 to be sent to the UK.

·
Premium Member
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Hi, I would really like one of these scanner devices for a 95/96 JDM GTO (imported to UK) if you have any in stock ?

If so I'll be clicking the paypal link for the version with both cable connectors to cover OBD1 and OBD2 to be sent to the UK.
Both cables is $210 + $25 extra shipping cost to UK. Your total comes to $235 USD.
www.paypal.me/LCDBC/235usd

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Do you know if you can use the LCDBC to set/verify base timing? If you put the car into timing mode will the lcdbc display show the current timing?

·
Premium Member
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Do you know if you can use the LCDBC to set/verify base timing? If you put the car into timing mode will the lcdbc display show the current timing?
About 1-2 years ago I modified the LCDBC software so it can force the engine ECU into 10.5 degrees mode, this is what the dealer scantool does. In case anyone wants to know if my scantool supports this mode too, yes it does.

Those 91-92 cars have adjustable base timing, the engine ECU has no idea what the true timing is. You need to verify with a timing light.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Got it, so just so I understand that answer would be "no, you need to verify with a timing light".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, do you have one in stock? also which cable would I need for JDM GTO 94 VR-4, I don't think she has an OBD2 connector though.

any chance this also works on 99 Montero Base (has almost identical ecu & engine),

·
Premium Member
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I have 4 in stock.

Most likely it uses the 16pin OBD2 style connector, even though it does not communicate as OBD2. To makes things simple, for $6 extra, you can have an OBD2 to OBD1 adapter that is compatible with unit. This way you're covered both ways.

The $6 OBD2 to OBD1 adapter has two limitations, it does not support Chrome, and does not do ETACS either. Other than that, it's very cost effective.

Shipping to U.K. is $25 extra.

As for Montero, I am told my "Canbus converter" product works with the 99 Montero, so I would expect it to work no problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will check the connector tomorrow morning and follow up, it's Republic of Georgia not u.k flag , but I need it shipped to DE U.S.A, there is a company that ships from there to here for 8$ per 3 pounds. faster than fedex (usually under a week).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good afternoon.
I have two products that would fit the bill:

1. A device that converts OBD1 to high speed OBD2 canbus. This allows you to use any modern scantool to read the OBD2 codes (as the OBD1 codes are converted into OBD2 equivalent codes). Priced at $120 USD shipped. Most people purchase a bluetooth ELM327 OBD2 adapter that costs about $5 on ebay, and use the Torque app on android phone.
2. Touchscreen scantool, this does it all. It reads not only the engine ECU, but all the computers on the Stealth / 3000GT, such as ABS, SRS airbag, ECS suspension, Cruise control, Automatic tranny, Climate control, etc. Priced at $180 USD shipped. Does not require anything extra.
Thank you for your timely response.I will politely ask for the Touchscreen scantool i.e product number 2 for 180. let me know more on the specific details on how this will work with shipping and how we are going to do this exchange.Thank you for your help.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts