Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night after I did some hard driving my car started to act up. The RPM's were going up and down when the car was in neutral and then it was stalling. Does anyone know what this is or what I can do to fix it? This sux cuz my car has never acted up and I don't want it to start going to shit.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the first thing I checked. I think it might be cuz my gas cap was off??

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
None of this happens when I first start my car, it only happens after I drive down the road. I can idle in my car right when I turn it on and its cold, everything starts to happen when it starts warming up. It only does this when I'm driving slow or idling. It like its not getting gas unless I'm pushing the pedal. No warning lights are on except the AERO light but that has nothing to do with it. I can hear my fuel pump turn on so I don't think its that maybe my fuel filter?

Hopefully someone can help me out.

1. I have to pump the pedal to get it to start.
2. When I shift the RPM's drop fast and if it gets too low like when I'm stopping the car just dies.
3. There is a whining noise when I push the gas when I'm idling.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I should look into getting a new timing belt put on? I just had my 60k mile tune up but I didn't get a new timing belt so maybe thats the problem? :confused:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Dirty fuel injector?? Maybe you need to clean them...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm getting 550 injectors in 24 days. I'm going to my local Mitsubishi dealer tomorrow to see if they can help me out. I'm running pretty short on money so I hope its no big problem.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is IAC and TPS? If its jumping timing what do I do to fix it?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
JBVR4 said:
What is IAC and TPS? If its jumping timing what do I do to fix it?
TPS = throttle position sensor
IAC = idle speed controller (can't remember actual name)
jumped timing = need to readjust timing (re-align cam gears)

~matt

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
you may want to check you timing belt. You say you just had the 60k service done but if you didn't do the timing belt you basically did nothing. The timing belt is about 80 percent of the 60k tuneup.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I sent you the tracking number tonight, so now you wanna help me with my stalling problems? :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Even if it's not the problem, replace the timing belt. If you don't, you will wish you had. I'm sure of it. Could be IAC - mine was acting funny and I think it was because of a poor connection that would separate after the car warmed up. Ran fine cold but warm would idle funny. Another thing to check is your idle screw. It is possible that it has vibrated down the whole way and the ECU is having a hard time making up for it. I have no idea if that makes sense, but try it. :)

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
The tracking # you sent me isn't valid. Are you sure its been picked up yet? If its been picked up, you'll need to re-send it...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Boostaddict said:
The tracking # you sent me isn't valid. Are you sure its been picked up yet? If its been picked up, you'll need to re-send it...
I sent it from work and today is my day off. I know yesterday I missed the pick up time so it is going to be shipped today. I have the reciept right here and I know I'm not typing the number wrong. Damn more shit has happened sending this bov!

As for my car..... I went to Mitsubishi today and they put it on the computer and found out I need a new IAC motor cuz mine comes out of contact when my car warms up so I'm having a new one put in tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts