Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas

On the first gen Stealth there is two balck plastic pieces surrounding the headlight housing...a smaller thin one that wraps around the back...and another bigger one that covers the sides. I need the bigger black piece as I smashed mine when I closed the hood on it (long story...and quite frustrating). Can someone hook me up please? Email me so I can get my lights working again soon pleasea dn we can work out a deal!

[email protected]

Thanks

TW

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
Just a heads up here, make sure that you get the ones for a stealth and not a 3000gt. The headlight door on the 3000gt has a slightly sharper corner on it, so the plastic pieces wont interchange. I just went through this on my car. I bought a used headlight assembly, plastic pieces and all from a 92 VR4. The stealth part numbers were different from the ones that came with the light that I bought.

Good Luck,

Chris

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
KD4 are you sure the plastic pieces are different?
When I was helping PearlR/T take his bumper off the headlight plastic pieces looked just like mine.

-Jeff

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
I am positive they are different. The corner of the headlight door that is adjacent to the corner of the car(where the bumper starts to wrap towards the doors) is sharper on the 3000's. The stealth is more rounded. I just has to buy both pieces and the headlight door for my car. I'll get a pic of mine up close you can go look at yours and compare them.

:)

Chris

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
See...the difference is small but there is a difference.

Look at the corner closest to the corner of the bumper.

Chris

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy....

Man you guys are awesome, I would not have know that and went and blown a bunch of bux I dont have. Thanks a lot, I truly appreciate it. Good work with the camera too, and nice car!

T

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Wow....So I learn something new everyday.
Thanks
-Jeff

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
No problem....just trying to save someone the headache I had to go through.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts