Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just noticed that my Safety Restraint System light is on all the time! I would imagine this isn't a good sign since it's never been on before...

Can anyone please tell me exactly what my '91 Stealth is trying to tell me? Anything to check for? thnx

Phil http://www.msu.edu/user/nguyenn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have you disconnected the battery recently ? If you replaced the battery or recently had a power drain problem of some sort, it can create a "low voltage" error which trips SRS. The manual says you can reset it with 10 ignition cycles, but a Mitsu mechanic told me he's never seen this work. It can be reset through the computer by a dealership for a minimal fee.
Hopefully, there's nothing actually wrong with your SRS...
-David

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Disconnect both your negative and positive terminals from your battery ( disconnect negative first). Hold terminals together for about 10 seconds. Reconnect positive battery cable then connect negative cable. This will completely clear your computer of codes.
Note- computer may have to relearn its idle strategy after reset- this may cause vehicle to idle poorly- after driving car for a few miles with starting and stopping computer will relearn and car should drive fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My SRS light came on after my battery died and I got a boost. It cleared by turning the ignition on and off 10 times as mentioned above.

john

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My SRS light came on after my battery died and I got a boost. It cleared by turning the ignition on and off 10 times as mentioned above.

john

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine stays on also.I tried turning the ignition 7 times but not ten, do you think this works?I also heard that un hooking the battery give a rough idle anybody tried this.

·
Lovbyts
4,270 Posts
I just tried the on off ten, fifteen, and twenty times. No good. I have tried the un hooking the battery, touching the negative to the positive side, leaving it un hooked for a full day, and nothing... I have not hooked the positive and negative cables yet but I might give it a try. I hate the way it run for the next couple of days though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried the ignition thingy (10 times) but it did not clear??? My battery died in Nov. so I am sure I turned the car on pretty much of everyday! I am not sure how long the light has been on...I think it's more recent...days..few weeks... Will try the cables soon...too damn cold outside!

Phil

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
mitsubishi dealer is the only ones who can reset the code

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you know what? that little SRS light really doesnt bother me that bad that its worth spending money on a dealer and my car runs excellent so I dont want to mess with the battery and screw up the idle.someday ill fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.