Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Old Guy
514 Posts
It is your air bag light "supplemental restraint system". There could be a problem with your air bag system or it could just be a result of a low battery. Try turning you ignition switch on and off 10 times. Don't turn it far enough to kick in the starter, just go until your warning lights come on, then turn it off again. Repeat that cycle 10 times. As strange as it sounds, that does work in the '92 cars if your battery has been low for any length of time.

It's a cheap fix if it works for you.

Les
3SI #221

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I thought it might be "Safety Restraint System" but wasn't sure. I'll try the off/on switching but my battery doesn't seem low. Is there a fuse somewhere for it? Also, AWILD, you say "get used to it". Does that mean you've had alot of problems with it. I know several 3S owners but no one I know has had this problem. It's more annoying than anything. Thanks again!

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
Welcome to 3/S ownership

Lots of us have the SRS light mod....;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my second Stealth. I've had one for 5 years now and never had this with either one. I guess you learn something new every day. What does Mitsubishi say about this glitch?

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
Lots of us have it and Mitsu says the SRS computer needs to be replaced in some cases which is bank, sometimes as mentioned it is caused by low battery but most if not all have not been able to be reset using the turn key on/off 10 times.

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
Jspec said:
to unmod the SRS mod. you can just pull the bulb behind it. ;)
:p

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
i was nervous as hell when mine first came on, i was just waiting for the damn air bag to pop at any second.........now i dont even notice it, of course its parked for the winter so i dont see it ne more:p

its project shitty chevy for me through the winter, GO CAVY!!!!!:D :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Master_D said:
I had mine reset at the dealer because ignition trick didn't work. Hasn't turned on since :) Also I believe while the light is on the air bag will not deploy.
hmm.....I know when i had my 3000gt, the SRS light was on for years, then when i wrecked it, the airbag did go off, good thing too.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
this may work try un-hooking the battery cable i think the + side and leave it un hooked for bout 10 mins this will reset everything

it may work u just never really know

·
Registered
66 Posts
Both of the 3000's that I've had have had that problem. When I got in an accident with my first car the airbag did deploy, probably saved my life. Damn drunk drivers.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
My light was on before I had my accident. I didn't think the bags would blow but they did... if that gives you any peace of mind!

·
Registered
268 Posts
funny...you guys all talk about it staying on...but on my 94SL it never comes on...even with the key on test thing.

I wonder if the guy who owned it before me got sick of seeing it on all the time and pulled the light...or if there are bigger issues?

Is it hard to check the light in the dash...or can it be seen without major dash ripping apart?

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
pull bulb mod:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts