Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Everytime I start my Stealth and its either really hot or really cold out the cars makes a loud squeaking sound, After warming up the car the squeaking sound stops, but is this still a problem?? I think its coming from one of the belts, I'm not sure if I would need to get a new one or what... just thought I'd ask either way. Help.

-Matt

·
Thoroughbred
288 Posts
hmm

Does it happen in the rain alot too? I used to have the same problem until i changed my timing belt. You might want to get that checked out at a shop- if you can find a service where they will look at it without having to pay.

It pays to look in the paper for those coupons- poor saps wanted to charge me $89.99 just to look at it. because of it, got them to look at it for free :D

·
Registered
703 Posts
Miles?

How many miles do you have on your car? If it is around 60k or 120k it might just be tiem to change all your belts and do everythign else with the 60k tune up...A friend on mine on his VR-4 whenever he hit about 122k his belts started screachin like a damn banchee, did the 120k tune-up and BANG good as new...god luck man

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its got 80k, and I think you might be right. Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
613 Posts
MY 2 cents!

I believe that it is the way our belts are ran on our cars that shortens the length of life expectancy. They become glazed way faster, almost in 3-6 months after replacing them. Mine are doing the same thing. Only when it's cold then after about 5 minutes it goes away. You could change them but you will probably end up doing that twice a year. I just live with mine. They are in good condition so there is no reason for me to change them. YET!

R:dodge:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts