Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed during cold starts, and only when it is cold, my car will make a squeaking or chirping noise for a couple of seconds. Once the car is warm, it will not do this when I start it. I am pretty sure it is the throw out bearing? Am I correct in saying this? I am sure this isn't good, is this something I should be seriously worried about? Help please!

·
Deal with it
3,135 Posts
Most likely a belt from what you explained. Mine does the same thing. Damn it! now its time to get the UDP i guess

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes. I remember when I was looking at the car, the belts would squeak under hard acceleration until it had warmed up. They lubed the belts but I guess that wasn't enough. Are there any suggestions as to what I should do? I am at about 51,000 miles on a 94 so I haven't done the 60,000 mile service yet. Is this something I should be seriously worried about?

·
Registered
580 Posts
i had the same problem but i replaced my belts and its gone...
well its no real biggy untill u start seeing cracks and stuff like that and it might fal off if they are too loose so yeah u should prolly change em

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.