Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Brian's request, I've uploaded this picture to my webserver for all to see. If/When he sends me more I'll post them as well. The Twin Turbo SL lives!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
its...aaaalivvvvve!!!

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
So when can I do this to my car??
I think a lot of people would be interested in a TT kit for not-turbos...

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

·
Boost Junkie
945 Posts
It does exist!! Thank you Brian, keep up the great work! your the man

L

·
0 Posts
I know the person who owns this car. From what I know GT Pro didn't do most of the mods,it was another place. I don't know what its called, but it just seems that GT Pro is trying to get credit for something he didn't do,at least this is my perspective,or maybe I'm wrong. I don't know this person personally, I talked to him before online thats how I know all this info. If I'm not mistaken, he goes by the user name SL Owner.

L

·
0 Posts
He sent me a pic of his car before. Recently actually and looks exactly the same. Red paint on the y-pipe, arc2, and red lettering on the intake plenum. I believe he had GT Pro install the ARC 2, but everything else is done by some shop name Andres or something like that. You don't know whether I'm wrong, yet you urselves don't know whether ur right. But the car does look the same. Brian is the only one that can clear things up, and I would really like what he has to say.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Lhom,
i'm not saying who is write or who is wrong. i just don't understand why you feel it is necessary to even say anything at all when you don't have CONCRETE proof of your claims?
my $.02
kevin calvano 93sl

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
looking on this from an objective point of view, you might consider being very careful when making accusations like this when you are not sure if your info is correct or not. if you are wrong, it could have some very unjust repercussions for the party that might be innocent. just a thought.
just my $.02
kevin calvano

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Yea dude! Thats a serious accusation you're making there..

Anyways.. is that old NAV's car!!?? If it is.. I remember he said he bought the SL just for cruising!! If not.. nevermind..

Oh.. by the way.. been living here in S. Cal for over 15 years.. pretty much know the speed shops around.. never heard anyone else specialing in the 3S.. better yet.. would spent any time and effort to develop a turbo kit for NA 3Ss!! ... just my 2 pennies..

R

·
0 Posts
Thanks to the 2 posters who preceeded this (my) message.....you said it all for me...no flame jobs please...we're all sick of that shit.

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Yeah, How can you tell that is someones car? The only distinguishing mark I can see on the Car is the Red 3000 mark on the engine. Other than that I see two pipes with probably would be standard on any turbo moded 3000.

Beyond that, I can plainly see that Brians ARC2-GP is on the car. So I would have to say that I think this is definatly Brians Car. Also Brian has been on this board for a long time and has helped us out a lot.

Brian is the only guy making stuff specifically for 3000s, we need him. Lets not make any unwarranted accusations against him, unless you have more proof than "Your word against his".

Tuan "I want some Turbos" Luu
1994 3000GT

[This message has been edited by Tqlla (edited December 11, 1999).]

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
I AGREE WITH YOU GUYS!!!!! Why is someone always "crawling" out of the woodwork somewhere and "picking" on BrianGTPRO? Hey Man! Brian helps us so keep your shit off this board!!!

Bob
TT2B

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Hey Tqlla,

I'm guessing that's Nav's car because I remember Brian was using Nav's car as a proto type for NA's ARC kit.. and also.. Nav's car is red..

Also.. I know Brian has another red GT.. but its a VR4!!

·
I scare clowns
445 Posts
It's not my car. My car's sitting at
a dealership busted up with a bandage,
waiting to get fixed up and made all
pretty again...

Cruising for babes is kinda hard in a
Nissan Sentra i just learned...

-= nav =-

"Heeeeeyyy macarena."

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't care who built the damn thing! As long as someone can sell me a kit for a good price I'll be plenty happy!

Jeff "I want a Twin Turbo ES" VanOrsdal

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
As long as Brian comes out with a Turbo for our cars, I will be happy. I don't even need two, I will settle for one Turbo.

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Isn't Nav's car in the shop for body damage?
Last time I talked with him it was going or was in for repairs since the another SUV decided to try to take out his car.

Andy

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Oppss... did I hear him mention Andre??? I think he meant St. Andre!! Then thats not old Nav's car then.. my bad~ (Edit: damn.. took me so long to write this... i guess Nav alread stepped up and said its not his car~ hehehe)

I took my car there for my rebuilt!! Thats before I knew Brian. The place has experience with some 3Ss I would give them that credit.. but one that actually runs with no problem?>?? Haven't seen one yet!

They built a 1st gen blk VR4 long long time ago and it was featured in some magazine.. maybe Turbo. It was running all HKS stuff and supposely pumps out 600+HP!! Keep in mind this was long long time ago when ur already bad-ass if you got a boost controler! I remember asking the this board about the owner.. and I remeber someone here knew him and told me he live in La Habra or something.. anyways.. last thing I heard the car wasn't running.. i could be wrong.. I would love to see that car in person tho.. St Andre told me he spent $30,000 in high-perf. mods!!

Ok, back to my experience with St. Andre. The owner talks so much smack but can't deliver the goods! He promised me 6-8 weeks for my rebuilt but my car ended up sitting in their parking lot for 16 weeks!!!!! I know they don't do the rebuilt themselves.. they sent the engine out to a place called Benison's.. it's a pretty reputable (race) engine builder.. so atleast that was cool..

They put the engine back pretty well but lacked one important knowledge, timming! After I got my car back the car is SOOO slow! It ran no faster then a stock civic (and that wasn't meant to be a joke!).. I took the car back to them.. they test drove it.. and told me that was NORMAL!!! The most fu*ked up thing was what he said to me.. "Well, after you been in a 600+hp VR4.. anything less just feels slow".. anyways.. i left my car there and made them check it throughly.. they called me the next day and told me they fixed it.. i went to pick it up.. well.. the car run pretty fast now but there's still some major hesitation in high RPMs.. i told them to fix that.. but they said there's nothing more they can do.. and that is WAS normal!! I was soo pissed.. spent so much $$ and time and my baby runs sh*tty!

Anyways.. later I found the "List" and met Roger G. and he told me to get in touch with Brian (GT Alley at that time).. took the car to Brian's home around 8pm.. told him whats up.. poped the hood.. 5 seconds later, he told me my timming was off!! Right at that moment.. I knew I met my savior! hehe..

[This message has been edited by AmkreadGTO (edited December 11, 1999).]

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Ok guys. Brian will maybe post more on the GT PRO website soon but please note, that the engine of all our cars are almost the same. Differencies are the heads and intake and of course the turbos. Basically, get a wrecked VR4, get the heads, turbos, intake, TB, exhaust manifold and the whole exhaust system and ... you have your TT. Wait, there are more parts like the oil and water feeding and return lines for the turbos. For the additional fuel, you can use an ARC2 from SplitSecond. But you must also be able to control the timing and therefore also a TT ECU is needed. If not, the car may have too much advanced timing and therefore boost may be limited to 4 psi or so. You can also go a way without the intercoolers at this low boost then. I would not increase boost more due to the high timing and higher compression. Oh, sorry, forgot the bigger injectors and maybe fuel pump (maybe not)

Now the cost ... How much would parting out a VR4 engine that is still in good shape cost ? Then the work, swapping the heads, installing everything, exhaust. And what yo uget for ? A FWD TT that is making 260hp. Now, when we launch the car it looses traction very quick and you do not have a limited slip diff in the front ! Therefore you put the FWD tranny so much under stress that something must brake. Maybe not at 260hp but I know you guys ... you are addicted to more.

I don't want sound negative, because if I'd also have an NA then I'd think of such a mod too. But here comes the big question : How much $ would you pay per hp gain ? Is this worth an new thread ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts