Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

361 - 366 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
stupid question, how do the pans get dented in the first place?
Most common i would say is people jacking the front of the car up with a floor jack directly on the pan (very bad).

I suppose it could also be from bottoming out or hitting something in the road, but I cant recall if the oil pan hangs lower than front subframe on these cars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Most common i would say is people jacking the front of the car up with a floor jack directly on the pan (very bad).

I suppose it could also be from bottoming out or hitting something in the road, but I cant recall if the oil pan hangs lower than front subframe on these cars.
don't know why someone would be stupid enough to jack it up by the pan LOL

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't think its people like us doing it, I think it happens when people take their car into a "generic" repair shop and those people do it. Years ago when i took my car into a repair place they crushed my air filter by leaning on it, broke the plastic piece that holds the main fuse box under the hood, and hooked up vacuum lines wrong. Unfortuntaely I didnt have the time to fix the car on my own and it was my daily, but needless to say i never went back.

361 - 366 of 366 Posts