Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I just got my 94 vr4 spyder and was curious if anyone could relate to this. The car has a very springy feeling…unless I’m on super smoot road it bounces all over the place. It has 110k miles on it, has anyone experienced this? I did some looking and saw people fixed this with new struts, and others said tie rods. Any ideas where I should look first?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys I just got my 94 vr4 spyder and was curious if anyone could relate to this. The car has a very springy feeling…unless I’m on super smoot road it bounces all over the place. It has 110k miles on it, has anyone experienced this? I did some looking and saw people fixed this with new struts, and others said tie rods. Any ideas where I should look first?
Could be the struts, ball joints, if its the factory original struts then they probably have quite some use on them.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,403 Posts
No such thing as a 94 Spyder VR4.
They were only produced in 95 and 96.
Just setting the record straight.
I would agree that it could be worn ECS struts.

Bob.

Reactions: XMD

·
15,403 Posts
I'm guessing THAT ^^^ is humor.
If not, you have NO idea what went into the transformation from a coupe to a Spyder....

Bob.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No such thing as a 94 Spyder VR4.
They were only produced in 95 and 96.
Just setting the record straight.
I would agree that it could be worn ECS struts.

Bob.
I appreciate the info. It says VR4 spyder on the back but now that I think of it the guy I bought it from has frankensteined this vehicle together so that makes a lot of sense.

I will look into the worn ECS struts!

·
15,403 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it was a Spyder VR4, the decal would look like this:

Bob.
Hi Bob it does have those exact decals…like I said maybe he used body parts from another vehicle??? When I get home I’m going to look at the VIN and check it online. Not sure how much I trust the seller seeing as the back wheel fell off when I brought it home yesterday

·
15,403 Posts
If the VIN doesn't start with "JA3AW" then it's NOT a Spyder VR4
Just a heads up...

Bob.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I guess the main question is whether or not it has a top the folds down to make it a convertible? If not then it may just be a VR4 or it may not even be that. Does it have twin turbo's? Maybe it's an SL. Lol. Post some pics and we'll help you out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts