Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read a post referring to a 99Vr4 spoiler...which looks like the one I have on my 94SL...would this have been added to my car our is it factory? now that I think of it my car looks like it may have had some other exterior body mods done to it...cause it looks like the 99hood and headlamps?

I'm just plain confused now? Can anyone tell me what, if any, exterior mods they can spot from this pic?

If not...I have more somewhere here.....

Thanks

Keep the beat

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts

hey, It that one of those new 3000gt Type R's ?!?!

!!!!COOOL !!!!

And I love the Meny lights in the front.

No seriously, i like the wing, wish I had one.

But loose the TYPE R badge, makes you look like a ****.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You have the 97-98 front bumper and rear wing, but the headlights are 94-98 (same on ALL 2g cars), and all 2g and 3g cars use the same hood. The 99 VR4 wing looks like the Lancer Evo 6+ rear wing. Look at the 3si.org banner at the top of the "reply to" page. The red car is what a 99 VR4 looks like. Notice the black bubbled headlights, the large corner lamps, the whale-style bumper vents and grille, and the high-stacked rear wing.

Lose the Type R badge, and pick ONE set of fog lamps. I like the middle ones.

·
3,118 Posts
oh man lose the badge

Isn't type R crap honda specific? Why would you put a honda badge on a mitsu? Maybe I'll throw a SVT badge on my stealth ;) lmao

Just playin, but the badge really doesn't look right on there besides it being a type R badge and having no earthly reason for it to be on there anyways.

Nice car tho.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OKOKOKOKOK

I knew as soon as I clicked "submit reply" I would be jumped allover for the damn type R badge. Yes it is extrememly gay...and those pics were taken the day I bought the car...believe me..the first thing I did after buying it was take the heat gun to it and peel both the front and rear one off.

So my wing is a 97/98? Wow....yah really do learn something every day...

BTW...when I bought the car it had a fire extinguisher mounted right behind the driver head rest....that got removed the first day too....but I saved it for when I get my NOS:D

·
Deal with it
3,135 Posts
Correction for everyone here:

That wing came on ALL 97-98 3ks....and the 99's bases and sl's

Your headlights are the originals from 94. There is a difference between 94 and 95-98 and 99.
94 was painted on the inside of the glass
95-98's were painted on the outside of the glass and were
made of a different material
99's buldged out more around the "eyes" and had turn signals
that came on all second gen Stealths

And obviously the turn signals are different too.

97-98 front bumper

Wider than stock rims and tires it appears

And there arent any shots of the rear of the car so I cant tell ya there:D

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
RW3000GT said:
LOL...he called you a ****:burnout:

HAHAHAHAHA

,matt

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 95 I bought in 96, but my headlights are painted underneath the glass. Is that right?

·
Deal with it
3,135 Posts
Judging from your sig pic they arent painted on the insides like a 94 is.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for your input...judging from the info. you have provided me, and the fact that the guy I bought it from told me it was "stock" I'm starting to wonder just what is under the hood!

Oh yah...and its not everyday you get called a ****...now if I could just control+alt+bitchslap Gt_searching everything would be cool:evillaugh

·
Deal with it
3,135 Posts
*Read the whole thread before posting

That badge was on the car when he bought it, and the first thing he did was removed the R

·
3,118 Posts
Keep the extinguiser tho lol

If someone calls you a ricer for having safety equipment, they are mental. I guess its in style to let your car burn if you need it lol. Soon as I started messing with my fuel system I put one in there. :bandit:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.