Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a 16 year old Sophomore who drive a 1998 Hummer at my school, and his sister drives a BMW Z3 roadster. I was just wondering if this was abnormal these days. There's a lot more spoiled kids at my school, I'll take some pictures of some of the rice here someday

·
Registered
173 Posts
nope this is rather normal :( Seems to be more and more of em everyday

C

·
0 Posts
Eh, when your parents are rich, thats to be expected.

Moms and Pops wouldn't want their son/daugter to be driving that 91' Metro to school, it wouldn't look right, contrast that $1M house, ruin their image etc...

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
Heh...I would hope that everywhere is not like around there. That one guy with the Viper GTS could not have been more than 21.

Around here I have noticed a few things the past few months. Most people would rather have a turbo in their full size diesel pickup than in their Japanese sports car.

Since I've been a little more aware and been driving to college, I've saw a base 3000GT 1st gen at the highschool I take my weight lifting PE class. Also saw a Stealth base. Driving around town I've saw a 1st gen 3000GT....and a like a 3rd gen. I drive by Viper GTS like almost every day at the Kawasaki dealer. I think he owns a Lamborghini too but I've never seen it.

And the RICE IS GROWING!!!! Several Civics with wings and wedeaters strapped to the the rear bumper. :)

Lots of domestic rice cavaliers too.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Hey! I drove a 90 metro in high school! 55 mpg and I got laid in that car over 150 times :D

·
Native
3,894 Posts
From what I hear from my friend at Boston College, it's VERY rare to have any car less than a mid 90s Benz or Bimmer...he of course being from Urbana IL has an 81 Rabbit fuelie. He's one of like 10 exceptions at the whole college.

·
Registered
418 Posts
chris95v6 said:
Eh, when your parents are rich, thats to be expected.

Moms and Pops wouldn't want their son/daugter to be driving that 91' Metro to school, it wouldn't look right, contrast that $1M house, ruin their image etc...
Hey, I drove a '91 Metro in college for a few months :p Then again, my parents were poor as hell...

Another Blümchen fan, good to see I'm not the only one :)

matt92vr4 said:

Hey! I drove a 90 metro in high school! 55 mpg and I got laid in that car over 150 times
:eek: Dude, that is duly impressive...I tried that once and the whole car would shake like mad when the going got busy! Stuck to doing it in beds after that ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Strange

Strangely enough, before I got here at GA Tech, there were tons of brand new cars (WS6's, SS's, Z28's, and tons of base 'stangs and f-bodies) and trucks (Fords and Chevies only) jacked up to high heaven and with god awful stereos running all over my Fayette County High School. There were even two 2nd gen 3KGT's. BUT, only one Stealth...MINE!! hehehehe. But it simply disgusted me how parents went out and bought their children cars (sometimes more than one or once b/c of wrecks) that the kids took completely for granted. Felt like screaming. Course, I worked my ass of for 3 years for mine and it was hands down the sweetest ride there. :D

Sorry for the vent, just have a distaste for people who take for granted what others provide. And those that feel they deserve everything without working for it. :mad:

- Ryan

·
Registered
53 Posts
My first car, in high school, was a brand-new 1992 BMW 518 (we didn't get any of the six-cylinder Bimmers in Indonesia then, yet). Can you imagine a car heavier than a GTO with an 1800cc 4-cylinder engine under the hood? At least it was a manual. Damn, it was SLOW! But, man, was it ever cool!!!

My GF is only 24, she bought her 2001 BMW 330ci, fully-optioned, $46k, straight up with cash. In fact, she swiped her debit card!

What's wrong with having money and using it? It certainly does you no good sitting in the bank! Hahaha! LOL!

C

·
0 Posts
Damn, shouldn't have dissed the Metro, didn't know everyone had one before, maybe I should have said Hyundai Excel, ya thats the one. :D

Blümchen rocks! I have all her CD's, english and german. Too bad she isn't making any more albums. :(

·
442 Posts
damn

Back in 1994, when I was a senior in HS I had a 1986.5 Supra and I was one of the best cars in school. My friend had an 87 Mustang LX 5.0 and it was the bomb. The best cars in school (read: rich kids) were a 1991 VR4, 1993 Supra N/A, and an old stingray.

Now I talk to my friends little brother (my friend had a bitchin plymouth laser RS) - who just sold his pimped out integra for a M3!!!! The whole parking lot is pretty much new civics,integras, and all that crap...either way a 24,000 car every one of them..plus all the crap they super glue on...

The moral of this...somehow kids are MORE spoiled today than we were back then. All I know is that my kid will NEVER drive a CLK AMG, I dont care how much money I have (sorry, saw a 18 year old one today with one...damn hofstra)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think i am largely regarded as the "rich" kid at my school because i drive a 3kGT, even though it's an NA, and 1994, and almost falling apart =), but most people at my school drive new rustangs and civic/accord's ( i have nowhere near the money most kids at my school have)

·
Cops Love Me
1,395 Posts
err... sucks for me because i live in Cupertino, but go to 2 high schools.. CHS and Monta VIsta..... MV is the rich hills area... and everyone is rich there.. i think like 3 or 4 m3's there. At my school there is a m3, but the girl that has it wont bring it because she's afraid of the fools at my school. So she drives a new GSR Integra... to school... and the 2001 M3 other times.

But at my school its mostly New Rustangs, all V6 cept 1 GT... and Civics/Accords/Integras.... one other 3000GT Base 94...its nice.. guy is cool we work on eachothers.... at MV there is 1 Blue Stelath ES... not sure whos it is.. never seen the person, but its good to know there are a few more ES's around.

·
Registered
281 Posts
damn!

A BMW Z3 is definetly spoiled dont get me wrong...but its not even in the same league as a Hummer. A Hummer for a damn 16yr old...thats absurd!!! When I got my license I had the best ride in school (that was a 93 SL). My jaw would hit the floor if I saw some SOB pull up at my school with a fuking Hummer.

·
i am joe dirt
1,875 Posts
damn i thought i was lucky to have my mx6 lol damn that was a nice car too bad the tree jumped in front of me then it was the blazer which i dunno why girls loved lol and now its the stealth which is yet to be finished and that hopfully will make me look cool of course it ould take alot lol anyways the nicest cars when i was going to school were a 98 z71 and a mustang cobra but the guy with the cobra worked his ass off for it and for the z71 humm must be nice to be spoiled rotten

·
1,377 Posts
Damn I had the nicest car in the lot in high school, and everyone thought I was a brat with my 91 VR-4...that I paid for myself...and that was only two years ago.

·
Registered
640 Posts
whoa...Tenny, where do you go to high school?

I went to MV, but now I go to UCSB...
anyway...I recently brought my 3000 down to SB but before I had it at home all the time in cupertino...so where do u live again?

Maybe u can help me with some car stuff...hehe.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
hey it's not that abnormal to see kids with nice cars. if they now what they're doing when they buy them. my sophmore - senior year i was the only kids at my school that sported a tricked out black 1991 300zx. that car was badass, it even got a spot in the school paper, i loved that car. its not as cool as my new 3000gt vr4 but hey what ya gonna do. oh and im only 19 years old.

supermac

·
Registered
281 Posts
come on now...

You are comparing a 300ZX to a Hummer? LOL, come on now...they arent even close. If you got a 300ZX you arent good enough to haggle with the car dealer and turn your 300ZX into a Hummer. Only thing that will turn a 300ZX into a Hummer is $$$$$$ and lots of it. So saying you had a 300ZX at school isnt even close to what this guy is talking about with a 16yr old driving a Hummer.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts