Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good source for these? I'm making a set of swaybars for my TT since I can't find any. I need these for the endlinks. Also, I'm wanting to use 5/8", should that be big enough?I'm using mild carbon steel for the bars themselves and plan on drilling and tapping the ends and using the rod ends. I also found this rubber stuff I'm coating the bars with instead of powdercoat. It's blue,but what the hell-its better than rust.

·
Registered
473 Posts
They sell them in the Summit Racing magazine, and Jegs too.

Summit prices:
Standard rod ends: ~$9 for 5/8"
3 piece rod ends: ~$16 for 5/8"
Chromemoly 3 piece: ~$22 for 1/2" and $36 for 3/4" no 5/8

Are you going to sell the sway bars, if so how much?

Paul
92RT/TT

·
your mom
303 Posts
You should be able to get them at any local bearing distributor... If you lived in Fairbanks AK I'd say pay a visit to Bearing Engineering, but I doubt you do.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks guys.

I found the rod I need today (3130 steel) and summit rod ends look like they'll work.
As for selling them- I didn't think of that, but If they turn out and work well, I will. Not sure what I'd charge, but I guarantee it wouldn't be much more than the cost of the matereals+shipping.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I personally wouldnt use rod ends. They wear out fast and make noise when they do. I have heard of some teflon coated ones that are about $50 each that are supposed to last longer. Rubber or poly bushings are the best way to go.
Aaron

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its the only way I can think of. I doubt I'd be able to heat and crush the ends enough to use poly, plus our endlinks are the ball and socket type.
The aftermarket bar I had on my Fiero used rod ends and was still good after 60K when I sold it.

·
your mom
303 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts