Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SRT-4
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new engine installed, but my speedometer isn't working...where is the wire that controls that, im thinking its not connected. Its on the tranny isn't it????

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
heh..perfect excuse to speed:p

Matt

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
90+ i'd say. not sure though... But ~5k in 3rd is 80 or so.

Matt

·
Registered
13 Posts
that leads me to a question, I have a 92 300gt SL. The speedometer works but frequently "bounces" up and down about 10 miles per hour when i hit a bump. Sometimes it registers about 170mph when im going around 60. It seems as if something is occasionally getting caught somewhere. If I slap the dash it fixes itself sometimes. Anyone know whats wrong and how I would go about fixing it? Thanks

·
Registered
434 Posts
mitsuman3kgt said:
that leads me to a question, I have a 92 300gt SL. The speedometer works but frequently "bounces" up and down about 10 miles per hour when i hit a bump. Sometimes it registers about 170mph when im going around 60. It seems as if something is occasionally getting caught somewhere. If I slap the dash it fixes itself sometimes. Anyone know whats wrong and how I would go about fixing it? Thanks
I would pull the cable and check it. Also check the guage and the worm gear in the tranny.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i've got a '93 SL, and my speedo sits at about -10mph at a full stop. at 55, i've been paced at 65 by my wife in her new pickup. at 65 on mine, she's doing 85. this didn't bother me until i remembered coming back from Tennessee through North Carolina doing 80-90 for about 6 or 7 hours straight. so that would come out to what... about 120 or so?? and everyday i thank the good Lord for watching over me on that one!! but man was that a great ride!! funny how i can drive pretty much anywhere with the ECS on Sport, but as soon as i hit Virginia Beach, i can't take the bumps.

Anyway. Does anybody know how much it would cost to get that calibrated / fixed before my court date in February for doing 65 in a 45?

"but really, Officer, my speedo only said 45!! Honest!! maybe it's off a little, i dunno..."

·
Registered
434 Posts
When I got mine it said I was doing - 45 at a full stop! :eek:
i just removed the front plastic glass and pulled off the needle (sp) and placed it a zero. I don't know if it was the best to do but I now run 5 faster than what it reads. I have heard this is because of the improper worm gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts