Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sounds good man hope you feel better
Sounds good man hope you feel better
thnk you. Still sick but yesterday I worked up enough motivation to go outside and try out my luckyway tool.. I did get the front two off so I’m happy about that. The rear ones wouldn’t come off. The 21mm socket is wasted tho..I’ll just keep trying and I’ll eventually get it!

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,191 Posts
Yeah keep trying they will come off ....
Sounds like to me they were impacted on instead of torqued down.... 80 to 100 foot lbs
No more then 100 foot lbs
(Over torqued lugs nuts that are not torqued down to proper specs will cause your rotors to warp AKA brake pulsation when applying your brakes) may not happen right away but they will eventually have run out Pulsation

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better 👍

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah keep trying they will come off ....
Sounds like to me they were impacted on instead of torqued down.... 80 to 100 foot lbs
No more then 100 foot lbs
(Over torqued lugs nuts that are not torqued down to proper specs will cause your rotors to warp AKA brake pulsation when applying your brakes) may not happen right away but they will eventually have run out Pulsation

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better 👍
It is hard to say. I have no way of knowing who put the rims on the car and when they were bolted on. I can tell you the car hasn’t been on the road since 1999. I was told that it has a new (0 miles) transmission, clutch kit, and transfer case but I also don’t know as to the validity of that yet. At some point I may need to get underneath the car and have a look see. An Once I get all four wheels off that will give me the chance to replace the pads, rotors, possibly put new hubs in just in case their was an impact wrench used at some point on these wheels. Unsure of the condition of the calipers..

21 - 24 of 24 Posts