Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, could use a little help here. It appears that my speakers have cracked or something, as the sound quality has deteriorated. First of all, please forgive my ignorance, how many speakers do I have? If I replace the speakes is it necessary to replace those little things on the dash called tweeters? Finally, I went to Best Buy and they had some Rockville and Kenwood speakers on sale, are these any good? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards Chuck

4,448 Posts
Hey Chuck,

Here's some information for you: http://www.stealth316.com/2-speakers.htm

That page includes instructions and such for removal and replacement.

Basically, you have six speakers. There are two tweeters, two door speakers, and two rear speakers. The tweeters are 2 1/4", door speakers are 6 1/2", and the rear speakers are 6"x9".

I do not know a lot about new speakers, but I do know that Kenwood makes some decent speakers. Your friends at AAM might be able to help you out with selection, too.

Another thing to help the sound quality would be a new CD player. If you had to replace just one component of the whole sound system, I would say to replace the CD player/head unit.

Like I said, talk to the guys at Altered for some ideas and go from there. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.