Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Not yet. Kevin is replacing some IC chips in his ECM which I am waiting on his findings, and then I will probably do the same this week.

Everything I've done goes back to the ECM/ECU, the wiring harness seems to be o.k. and unless something else is affecting the ECM that I haven't found, then the ECM needs some work.

I'm not ready to dish out $1030 for a new one yet, if a handfull of $.80 chips and some carefull soldering will do the trick.

Dean

·
SE Texas Member
79 Posts
Thanks Duder for the update, got almost the same problem as you... only getting spark on 2 cylinders on a '94gt (wish it was a vr4)
Most posts I read said the ECU/ECMs CAPs were not a problem on a 1994 gt so I'm thinking it's got to be something else.
Going to make a new thread for my car... if anyone post something besides the ECM that works, i'll get back to you.
Toby

·
Registered
111 Posts
wondering what the final outcome was on this
Can't believe it's been almost 20 years.......and that I didn't respond with my solution.

My problem ended up being the ECU after all.

The failed/leaked capacitors had corroded the circuit board trace leading to small vertical circuit board(that generates the firing signal to cylinders 3 and 6). Surface mounted IC's, on the small board, were damaged as a result of the trace corrosion.

I repaired the corroded trace, and replaced the damaged IC's.

The ECU is still in the car.....................but.......I still bought a "spare" ECU. :)

Hope this helps..............although VERY late.

Kevin

41 - 45 of 45 Posts