Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these spark plug electrodes covered with white stuff and oil wet treads . Past few days been driving car under freezing weather here in KCMO and noticed lack of power, engine hesitation and vibration. Recently I did oil change from 10 w 30 to 5 w 30 also started using HEET on fuel, would that be the cause?

· Lovbyts
4,510 Posts
pictures?

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pictures?
This is coming from the additives to fuel
How long you been using it (Heet)

View attachment 307791

You can always look up spark plug color charts to give you a better perspective on what's going on and how your engine is running
Very first time, i been using Lucas frequently and always 90% or higher octane gas. I uploaded few pics the front row were the only ones with deposits the aft bank shows no sign of anything abnormal.

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts
Might wanna check status on the right bank 02 sensor upstream & downstream if Equipped
Sometimes with additives these also have a long term effect on catalytic converters which also make them prematurely fail

One bank / head is rich
The other bank lean

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts
If the inside of pipe or O2 is bright white may lead to other issues involving coolant being introduced to the exhaust
(Head gasket / turbo)
Which also can throw the O2 off and not read correctly from foreign contaminants
And any other substances introduced with Additives getting onto the O2 sensor and read incorrectly as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts