Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was looking for a little input as I’m new to this whole turbo/modding/tuning thing lol. I have a 1996 SL with a turbo in it pushing about 10psi (fantastic drive I must say) and I was wondering what you guys think are my best options as far as spark plugs go. I’m not looking for spark plugs as a way to go faster and stuff, but I’m curious as to what would be healthiest for my engine. Thanks!
PS I’m still on 10:1 compression with 360cc injectors

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
for 10:1 Turbo cars I always ran one step colder than stock, and always went with a NGK Copper plug.

17,360 Posts
I use NGK BP7ES copper for both my SL TT and VR4, works well and are relatively cheap
That's what I would suggest as well. On gas colder plugs than a 7 series tend to foul if you don't drive the car hard.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use NGK BP7ES copper for both my SL TT and VR4, works well and are relatively cheap
That's what I would suggest as well. On gas colder plugs than a 7 series tend to foul if you don't drive the car hard.
Awesome! I’m getting random/multiple misfire codes and fuel trim codes (misfires on start up due to running super rich on start up oops) and the fuel trims I think are due to a fuel delivery/ignition problem, so I’m planning on going all new fuel system (sans injectors cause I just bought those a year ago) and an ignition tune up and some data logging which I just saw that you posted on my data logging question so I’m gonna scoot over there and check it out. Thank you so much!

17,360 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts