Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
Saved, those are front mount intercooler pipes.

Cryptic, let me know when your gonna be in wa. I head about an hour north of seattle almost every weekend. (My fiancee's parents live up there).

·
I love my car
1,482 Posts
omnip_1 said:
Saved, those are front mount intercooler pipes.

Cryptic, let me know when your gonna be in wa. I head about an hour north of seattle almost every weekend. (My fiancee's parents live up there).
ya ill let you know, we can have a mini get to gether.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can’t we all just get along?

Well after reading all the beating I have received I think it's only appropriate to change my name… so now you can refer to me, as Rodney … of course except I didn’t get the millions for the ass kicking.:whip:
As for jdc4085 goes… sister you are wearing your panties way too tight, you need to smoke some good weed and relax. :hippie:
Next time you want to talk about attitude, take a good look in the mirror.

SavedSoul, spoken like a true gentleman. Thank you for your kind words. Sorry we don’t agree in the superiority factor :D :beer:

Sorry if I boiled everybody’s blood, it wasn’t the idea…

:headbang: skkaa.

spark plug covers
http://www.skkaa.com/covers

·
3SI CEO
1,189 Posts
Hahaha..funny pics. Look man just keep up the good work and maybe you'll get some business from this board and others.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I contacted Dave about buying one for more then he had listed on the site. I emailled through EBAY. I told him I was 3si , and he gave it to me for the price he does everyone on the board. 15$ less then what I offered him. Could have easily taken it... His plates are goregous...and before you get all bent out of shape, I would sell a few of yours first. Competition is always looked favorably upon.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Look Bob don't be so simple; this guy comes on here trying to get a group buy together for more than I sell a single plate for, to 3Si members. The main point I was making if you want to sell to these guys give them a better deal. And as you know his material costs are a lot less that ours simply because his material is thinner. We both also have the backs of our plates dished out to allow for wire clearance, his are flat. I didn’t see him come back and say hay I’ll sell you plates for less than Dave Best, he just went off, and start name calling, then he posts and apologies to everyone but me. I was simply stating the facts, can’t handle it that life and business.

I feel like I have done a lot for 3Si community and also do custom one off plates for people. I have sold over 200 plates so far and I agree with what I think you are saying in your first sentence, is that you don't dominate the market. I am truly sorry if you can't compete at the price I sell my plates for, but that's your problem, not mine.

We know you make the plates that Steve sells, at $30 more than I sell polished plates for, and this is solely a self promoting post on your part, like you have nothing to do with making plate’s any more or an interest in trying to tarnish my reputation.

All I have to say is I am an owner, first and for most, and don't like to see anyone get ripped off or pay more than they should or need to for anything. If anyone should be ashamed it’s you and your condescending post here. And talk about jumping on to other people threads I don't recall any of my threads either you, or someone from that shop hasn't posted something on one of my threads or any other thread that people post complementing my work, most recently was the one from BlackVR4 thread.

This is solely a poor attempt, on your part, at trying to push your product that Steve sells for you. Come on cut Steve a break and cut your price to him so he can compete. You don't see me coming on here and saying I am re-doing polishing work other folks have done, or putting down their product.

Heck I won't have started my plate business if you weren't a butt-head and posted that you weren't going to sell me any more plates, something stupid about competing with yourself. But overall the 3Si community came out better for it, it’s called competition. I purchased my first plates from you, didn't give them to me; you made a profit but apparently not enough for you. I am mainly doing this now for fun and to help out my 3Si friends. Heck, I sell raw plates now for $5 less than you did when you stopped selling raw plates. And my polished bolt kits, $15 for TT plenum and $10 at the cost for the long bolts alone for the plenum I am not making anything but I am having fun doing it. I have thought about getting out of it, but post like your keep me going. Before I got into polishing plenums the going price was $200 and they weren’t powder coating around the letter, now look at the market price they all around the price I charge $145, 3Si member saving $65! Good for 3Si members.

I am not doing it to put on a 99 front end on or repair a wreck I was in. You must be hurting for cash to bring this back up to the top, it was dying. Reading some of your posts I can see you have difficulty, at that at times, dealing with people, make it's because you are young, but you have a lot to learn; like when to post and when not to post.

Think before you respond, it maybe better not to. Sorry for the long post but old Bob just pulled a good one, and just couldn’t let him go with out saying Hi, Hi Bob.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
You poor sole you have no idea what the heck you are talking about, once again. But that has never stopped you before, has it. I never repeat, since you maybe a little slow, NEVER had a complaint about my auctions and how they were worded. Where in the heck did you come up with that nonsense? Come on come up for air. I have always stated very clearly in my auctions that the valve cover was not included. And I have never gotten a negative feed back on eBay, I have over 550 feedbacks and not one negative, go figure. I also treat people the way I'd want them to treat me but I am apparently the only one of us that thinks that way. But I have no problem being able to still carry on this kind of discussion with you.

I guess you don't recall, selective memory, I repeatedly asked you to buy more plates. You offered me "the deal" you'd sell them to me for $40, I'd put them on ebay and we'd split the difference above $40 and I'd picking up the all the fees and shipping. DOH, it doesn't take rocket sciences to figure that someone getting a raw deal. You flat out got too greedy, face it. I even offered to buy them from you at $45 a plate, the same price you were trying to sell them to everyone else. I never did receive a response from you. I guess you forgot how to open your email. When you said that you only had a few left I posted I'd take them all, still nothing from you. And go back and look at the thread on the speak plug plates you stated you weren't going in competition with yourself, its called greed; plain and simple. Well you just meet someone that has a little resource's available to do it themselves, and again the winners are the people of 3Si.

I don't want to rip people off. That is why, now, on ebay I do "a buy it now" at $70, only $10 more than 3Si members and you know I could get more.

As for promoting 3Si, I have posted about the NG and the East Coast Gathering to get others involved. I did that right in my auctions not just to the high bidder after it's all over.

An hour for a plenum, BIG BS flag has gone up on this one, you again have no idea what you are talking about. There are more than a few people who have polished their own plenums and they know this is flat out BS, what the heck are you smoking. Come on an hour, :rolleyes: get real. Maybe you need to tell Steve how to do it in an hour because he charges about the same as I do and doesn't include powder coating around the letters. I don't think Mark or anyone else would agree with the one-hour assessment.

Again before I got into this the going price was $200, if you can for it for $100 go for it and stop talking about it. Talk is cheap. I could say, I do it in 15 minutes, but you know what; no one would care because they are willing to pay $145, not $165 that must be someone else, because it's a PITA to do and would take them a long time to do and would be difficult to get it right the first time. And I'll powder coat around the letters for that price. I am already getting re-do work from other shops that claim to be able to polish plenums and I see some of the work that is being done. I have also seen a lot of your plates at my house too getting polished and powder coated, for some reason I have agreed to take a few in traded, got stuck with those silly "big 3-000 big G little t plates glad you stopped that design.

I would have thought you were younger than 33, makes one wonder. Re-read your posts it's like a little kid who got caught and didn't get their way. I can just see you jumping up and up stomping your feet. As for well thought out response, thanks it took me all of about 5 minutes to write.

As for the plate with the holes that was a bad design it allowed water, dirt and general road crap to get in and around the plug wires. Just remove the solid ones you'll have a little sand and dirty all around the edge but thank goodness, not around the wires. That is exactly what you want to keep out from around the plug wires. And you don't want any dirt or rocks getting in the spark plug hole because there is not way to stop them from falling in the cylinder once you remove the plug. You don't work on your own car do you?

And HP isn't the only thing; most folks want these cars to look good. Just look at all the wheel threads, appearance matters. And I also recall you saying you were getting out of the plate business and referred to me as the king of foo-foo, funny how you couldn't leave, now you are still in it just have someone else push your product. I think shortly after that you came out with the cover for the connections on the plenum how much did you sell that for? I recall you were asking $40, with a buy now of $60 or something like that. You made out real well on that one. Anything foo-foo oriented you can get into and make a killing, you do.

That is what this is all about giving the people on 3Si a choice, and the main reason I posted on this thread to begin with. Some guy no one heard of was trying to sell at an inflated price and I called him on it. Again the guy has never offered a better price to the members and if he did great, the community wins, again. Oh I added my order up I do have over 200 plates but who cares, plus 6 member designed plates, custom made. And I am shortly going to order more because I am running low and will again offer to make custom plates for members. I think with my next order I'll will come real close to 400 plates. An d for custom plates I only charge them exactly what the manufacture charges me, no mark up. Novel concept to do something and not make any money on it.

And you $40 for those little covers, you referred to them as plug covers, boy I bet more than a few got confused over that one, talk about trying to pull one on folks. I think you have me confused with you on deceptive practices.

So what do you need polished, this is getting to be a little fun, thanks Bob. If you want to delete these and start back where we were just let me know, but this is good practice for me, you see I have to write these type of things at work to keep our folks in line.

Dave

·
Registered
296 Posts
Anyone want to buy my stock plastic plug cover? I'll custom write your name on it in nail polish if you want, no charge. $1.99 +shipping.

Damn, I wanted to get a plug cover, but after all this, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Although, this is Capitalism at its finest.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Guys...please try to keep the arguments at a minimum. I always thought you two were the best ones at platemaking, but please try to go one on one off the board so people will remain thinking positively whenever "Dave Best" or "Ek2mfg" comes up during a post. I think this is heating up a little bit more than just a mere debate so just stop, ok? Both of you make awesome plates from the ones I've seen, and I think many 3Si people are very happy with them.

I just think if you keep arguing it's going to make more than just a few people think twice before purchasing one of your kick-ass plates.

·
Registered
412 Posts
x

HEY, don't buy ddq"s plates he uses only cheap nail polish and the only name he can write is a X. I use the polish with glitter in it.When you lift your hood and the sun hits it you will see it glitter.Ican also write your whole name as long as its under six letters. Just $1.98.Polished plastic $10 more 3si discount 1%shipping $20.
Sorry couldn't help myself

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have bought stuff from both guys! They were both excellent to deal with! I think your both kinda being petty, and I think you both went on the defense....I guess it was warented!

I would continue to do business with both of you....this poor guys thread has gone to SHIT!

I do raise the BS flag on being able to polish a plenu in an hour! I see where some guys have wasted days doing it! Then again...Im not aware of all the tools out there!

Your both great for 3SI...and we appreciate the work ya do!

:bigok: Some one give me a hug! lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
jaw3k....

Listen, I only use the best nail polish on my plastic plates, it's Mabeline or nothing. You use that cheap CVS glitter with Elmer's glue that comes off after two weeks, and gets sparkles on the valve cover.

I've been making custom nail polish plates for almost 2 days now, and I dominate the market, so take your cheap ass glitter back to Ebay.

(PM me, and we'll join forces and rape 3SI for every cent we can get. If we collude, I think we could sell these things for at least $3.99.)

>>>> Disclaimer: All in good fun.

·
Registered
412 Posts
x

Hey you shouldn't talk about stuff you know nothing about.I have been doing this longer than you its been two days 2 minutes.Thats not my glitter running on to the valve covers thats my new sparkle power puff coating.
(send secret e-mail to DDQ.Good job we already got the price to 3.99!!!!!!!!)

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.