Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have worked out a deal with the manufacturer of some spark plug cover plates. If we get 10 items sold its $65 and if we get 20 its $60. Check out this web site for what he has to offer:
http://www.skkaa.com/bryan/tryoutpage.htm

Shipping will be about $7 for the covers. Let me know if there is any interest. I think this is a pretty decent price. Ten people should not be too hard. Thanks.

Erron

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Check out my web site, in my signature. I sell them regularly at $60 to 3Si members polished and powder coated in which ever color they'd like. And mine are thicker not real thin, and are cut out on the back to allow for bigger spark plug wires. Mine also come with a set of polished allen head bolts that fit flush with the plate cover and don't stick up.

His should be around $40-$50 a plate since his material is cheaper and about 1/3 as thick as the material I use on my plates. Just want to try to give our members a good price, have him stick to eBay

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just Setting The Record Straight

Dave B... It's pretty pathetic that you would talk trash about my plug covers just to make yours SEEM better. The fact is, in the past two weeks you haven’t received any bids on the covers posted on E-bay, yet I noticed that on your last listed cover you had lowered your Buy It Now price to $50.00, and here you are offering a DEAL price of $60.00 (whoopee! some deal) to your good 3Si members!

Just setting the record straight.

skkaa
:ak47:

spark plug covers
http://www.skkaa.com

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Dave Best has a reputation on this board of delivering the highest quality at an excellent price backed w/ unmatched customer service. Look at the feedback forum and see what people have to say about their transactions w/ him. I personally dont give a shit what you charge, I'll send my $ for all the parts I'll be getting polished soon to Dave B even if he does cost more than you just because I dont like your fuckin attitude. You have a very small amount of posts so I assume your new around here, let me give you some advice: Do not come on this board trying to flame people that have been providing services to us for quite some time w/ out getting the facts. If you had done even a minute amount of research you would not have run off at the mouth like you did. Do yourself and us a favor and go sell your shit on Ebay and dont waste our fuckin time.

:barf: (your plates)

·
Banned
10,940 Posts
Skkaa, care to provide us some pics to back up your claim that Dave's covers only "SEEM" better than your? Based on the images from each site daves look much better.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Idjit

Just setting the record straight.
No you weren't. You were flaring up because you felt threatened. Dave simply said your material costs were lower than his and he mentioned that his covers accomodate larger wires -- something customers might want to consider, even if you don't want to tell them. Dave's experience gives him every right to say whether your product is worth what you're charging. His reputation on this board is impressive. He didn't (and doesn't need to) trash your product.

Dave sells on Ebay and most 3S boardmembers KNOW IT. Sometimes Ebay is less than 60 bucks; often it's more. If he changes prices on Ebay or in private deals that's his business. All Dave stated was that he ROUTINELY sells a better product than you make for 60 bucks to anyone here who's interested. Take it or leave it. I am impressed with Dave's attitude, service, & product. I'll buy from him again without any qualms.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Thanks guys for sticking up for me apparently Mr. “one post” skkaa is very intimidated, too bad.

My pricing structure on eBay is $50 for raw plate, $60 for polished and $70 for polished and powder coated which is all at least $5 more than I sell them to 3Si members, $10 more for the polish and powder coated ones. The reason I when to the buy-it-now was that some of the prices were getting way out of hand, over $120 for a plate. I just felt bad if a guy who purchased one for $120+ meets one of our guys and finds out that if he was a member of 3Si or Team 3S he could have purchased it for $60. He’d more than like feel like I ripped him off. Plus I don’t need the money, so I have gone to the buy-it-now, if they find out now they could have save $10, its not as big of a deal maybe they’ll join 3Si then.

I have to admit I haven't had anything on eBay within the last two weeks still trying to get work out that I have sitting to be done and I don't think it would be right to try to sell stuff when peoples stuff is sitting around waiting for me to finish it. But I think the plate you are referring to was a polished plate, some sell and some don’t; no biggie. But I get a lot of inquires on other plates from the ones on eBay.

But I know what the raw plates cost me and if did them out of thinner material it would lower my initial cost, but I think the deeper lettering and the thicker plate with the flush bolts just look a lot better and apparently so do you otherwise you won't be so intimidated. And apparently you don’t even have a 3S or you’d have more posts and be a member.

But a group buy at $60, why I sell mine all the time at $60. I don’t do group buys for two reasons, first I don’t know if I could meet a large demand at one time and second I try to keep the cost as low as possible to everyone. Also I don’t charge any more for shipping than what it costs me. I used to charge $4, anywhere in the lower 48, but the Post Office raised rates and it now cost me $5. I see by your eBay auction you charge $7, but I guess you have to make it where ever you can. I am doing this for my friends not for the money. Like my polished plenums before I started doing it they were running $200 plus for one, now they are all down around what I charge $145, plus I powder coat around the letters, but that was good for everyone. I really try to get a sanity check going on what I can, I hate to see my friend get ripped off, and when I see it I’ll say something. Again thank you all for come in here and saying all the good things that you have, you guys are good friends and I thank you, hope to see a lot of you either at the PA Gathering of the NG.

Thanks again,

Dave Best

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
I was going to post about this guys prices as well.

Be aware that Dave Best has our respect, and regardless of what he charges he will get our business because of that. $60 is a good fair price for what dave creates and sends out.

I do my own polishing but I'm here to tell you that I would rather give Dave $60 for one of his plates than $20 for one of yours.

·
3SI CEO
1,189 Posts
Hahaha...what a fucknut. I haven't bought anything (not yet) from Dave, but he gets love from the 3SI community because his products are very good quality. Your on the other hand don't even come close. Take your cheesy shit back to ebay.

I don't think skaa boy is gonna sell anything on htis board.

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Dave B: PM me with your prices on the polished plenums for a TT stealth. Also want a polished plate. I sent an email via your site, but never got a response back.
My car is going into the shop next week for Valve stem seals. I'd like to have the part when I take it in so that they can install it when putting everything back together. Is there a Core Charge? How much? I'd like a polished plenum with teal powdercoat on the twin turbo EFI emblem. Consider it an order if you want. Need asap. I'll send a pic of my core to let you decide if you'll accept it.

How long for a custom plate saying Demon Slayer?

Steve: from 3sx, trying to use posts instead of email since am at work and try to avoid sending emails through the government firewalls. Does 3SX carry HKS EVC IV installation kits? HKS lists them as a seperate package for about 50 bucks. I got a controller but is missing the vacuum tubes and filters. I got tubes but cannot locate anyone selling the vacuum filters. PM me and I'll paypal funds.

Lord Warlock

·
708 Posts
Lets not tear him to shreads

Ok ok guys, you've had your fun now leave skkaa alone. The world is full of choices and he's just putting another one out there for everyone else. Dave's plates might be better but don't discourage him and kick him when he's down.

Skkaa, Dave's plates are superior but I feel that with a couple variations your could become better. Don't let everyone get you down. This is a capitalist country and I respect you trying to make a small side job for yourself.

SavedSoul

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Absolutely

I'm all for free, competitive markets. Take what we're saying and if you have ways to improve your product do it! It's good to have more products & more creative products available for our cars.

·
3SI CEO
1,189 Posts
Re: Other Choices

SteveVR4 said:
Just a shameless plug for www.3SXPerformance.com :D while choices are being mentioned ;)
Steve
Actually I do have the 3SX plug plate (hopefully to add a polished plenum soon). It's good for someone to go out and make shit for our cars (skaa), but to come on here and blast a respected member when he was not getting blasted is uncalled for and not a good business practice to begin with. Your supposed to take that crap behind closed doors. Now if he would've responded in a respectfull maner and controlled his anger, he might have got some customers from here.

·
I love my car
1,482 Posts
i do have to admit. That website is cool

but i still like dave best stuff.

·
I love my car
1,482 Posts
omnip_1 said:
dave best? see sig. (some of it atleast)

hey omni, your car is my goal, lol. I wanna see it in person. Im comming down to maple valley WA in about 3 weeks to meet up with paul H and ty-speed. They are going to help me install some mods i ordered. You should come up :) and sell me a black a piller, hehehe.

·
708 Posts
Hey Omni,

I noticed in the picture you have a cold air extention made of metal tubing. Where did you get it??? I've been looking for one of those for SO long. Lemme know!

SavedSoul

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.