Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably not phrasing that right. 2 days ago, I was on the way back from the tiny home about 2 hours at highway speeds (80-90 mph), coolant at the usual 195 - 197, 20 - 25% throttle, intake temp @ 72. I had an occasion to remove myself from several vehicles hanging around me so I did about 50% throttle to around 100 and backed off and had to get right back into it and think I felt a stumble/misfire once I backed out and feathered the throttle, like a turbo hose had popped off, same sort of feeling. MAF pulled something like 350 cfm up to 750 and back and then right back up to 750. Stopped right away with nothing in the log to say it actually happened. I've chalked it up to a turbo stumble judging by the 35 million google results. My aasumption is I confused the hell out of the ECU until it caught back up when I was done screwing around.

So the question is how normal is it in these cars and can it do damage.

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,178 Posts
Vent to atmosphere BOV...?
Could've been boost coming back online giving you a quick jolt.... from in and out of throttle peek to rpm drop ... back to peek
Has it done it again ... or you haven't been driving it

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vent to atmosphere BOV...?
Could've been boost coming back online giving you a quick jolt.... from in and out of throttle peek to rpm drop ... back to peek
Has it done it again ... or you haven't been driving it
I drive it every day. I think I've done 1 full throttle on the highway since buying it. The BOV is stock style, 3sx replacement, medium spring. Now that you mention it, it could very well be some sort of feedback.

These cars are powerful enough that I have little need to go full throttle. I limit my highway cruise rpm to 3k in 5th, 85-90 mph.

To review: 50% throttle to pull away from bunched traffic on highway to about 90 mph. Got out of throttle, driver going even faster comes up so I go back into boost. After backing off and throttling back to keep speed, stumble/miss like a pipe popped off for about 10 seconds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts