Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pretty sure i can beat my friend with his 99 cavalier z-24

1st of all his car is a hell of a lot lighter.....he has a iceman intake, a rk spprt muffler with 2.25 inch piping leading to a magnaflow cat.... and headers soon 2 come......150 horses stock.

i have ridden in both my car ( a 1993 3000gt sl) and his z-24 and they feel about the same speed wise...im pissed cause i think he might be able 2 beat me...

i have no mods except the removed resonater..... any thoughts please let me know cause this race is for big money.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
You'll take him

-Jeff

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Is your car an auto or 5-speed?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
my friend has a z24 2000 BPU:D
Anyway from a stop were both even until I shift into 3rd:eek:
then I continue to win by a couple of cars.plus they have fuel cut at I belive 115mph.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think he'll take you...

Stock they run a high 14 in the 1/4 mile...

·
Registered
764 Posts
arty$3000gt said:
no way high 14s in the quarter.....
try plugging horsepower and weight into a 1/4 time calculator...i am not sure what factory specs are...

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
StealthTTBoy said:
I think he'll take you...

Stock they run a high 14 in the 1/4 mile...

Sheeeeit..... Tell that to all the guys I see at the track making 16 second passes..

·
Registered
764 Posts
Powelsound said:

Sheeeeit..... Tell that to all the guys I see at the track making 16 second passes..

Like I said above, I don't knw what they run, that high 14s is the number you get by pluggin weight and HP into a 1/4mile time calculator.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Is your sl stock???

Is you have an intake and remove resonator i think you have a better chance to take him.

P.S how is you other beast coming along??? We want to see the beast run;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
My friend has a 97 z24 with cams and an intake, he ran a 16.3...they're supposed to run 15.7 stock...in 5 speed trim, but all I see is 16's...bad drivers perhaps?? and like I said in another thread, I had a 95 base 5 speed, bone stock, it ran a 15.3...with 130k miles on the odometer....and oil changes at about every 7k-10k miles...:) those cars can take a beating!!

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
Like I said above, I don't knw what they run, that high 14s is the number you get by pluggin weight and HP into a 1/4mile time calculator. [/B]
I personally have never seen one of those calculators...but from what I've heard from them...you can keep 'em. Surely you put in more than just HP and weight to get a 1/4 time right? I hate to tell you this, but if you base your runs on that you are gonna get beat by supposed "under HP" cars a LOT! Does that calculator also factor little things like traction and coefficient of drag? How about gear ratio? tuning? induction/restriction? If it don't happen on the track...it DON'T MATTER! Theoretical means precisely DICK in the real world. HP/weight ratio is only a PART of actual track performance. As for the question...if you have a 5-speed, you should have NO PROBLEM taking that car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts