Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I work for a event marketing company. Recently I spent 5 weeks on the road with a road version of ABC wipe out.
Basically just a log roll and pneumatic knockout wall.

I took a ton of photos of people wiping out, or just something from the surroundings.
We set up for the philly bike race, on military island in times square, ballsy's in the city, jones beach in long island,, dover speedway, lowes speedway, country music hall of fame for the CMA festival and other areas not so neat.

These are just a few photos I took. Hope you find something interesting.

Im not sure who this guy was, but he was in charge. Thats my truck in the background. I had to park the rig on military island at around 3:30am. It was interesting.

Military island in front of good morning america studio.

Good shot, bad focus....

Ballsys in the city

·
NG10 Best Spyder :**
384 Posts
Very cool. Glad to see you post. Hope all is well
Jan & Mark

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool. Glad to see you post. Hope all is well
Jan & Mark
Thanks Jan.
I had lost my password, and forgotten what email address I had originally owned until recently.

Mostly Ive just been busy though.
I spent 5 months working tours like the AMA super cross for Toyota trucks, and even spent two weeks in lake tahoe for the winter dew tour.

Unfortunately I didnt have my camera at those times...:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one looks fuckin SWEET... was this an HDR with a few pictures in one?
Thanks, and yes it is. It was the only way to somewhat cancel out the fact that I was looking directly at the sun and still show texture to the clouds.
The drawback is the detail in the buildings. Its really grainy if you see the original size.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,248 Posts
This is the best of the HDR set. Has great potential.

Thanks, and yes it is. It was the only way to somewhat cancel out the fact that I was looking directly at the sun and still show texture to the clouds.
The drawback is the detail in the buildings. Its really grainy if you see the original size.
That all can be fixed with some experience in Photomatix and use of some noise reduction software.

Just make sure you have a polarizing filter :)
I would probably go ND filter for this one.

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the best of the HDR set. Has great potential.

That all can be fixed with some experience in Photomatix and use of some noise reduction software.

I would probably go ND filter for this one.
Thanks for enjoying some of my photos.

What would you do to improve that particular shot?
I pretty much went straight for reflection and once I achieved that left it alone.
It was my first chance Id had for as shot like that. So I used them for practice.

I really do need more experience. I can never fine tune the photos the way Id like. All my photos are to grainy from trying to get the colors the way they are.
Plus im still learning my way around proper exposure rates.

What noise reduction software would you suggest?

Thanks for the tip on the filter.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,248 Posts
Thanks for enjoying some of my photos.

What would you do to improve that particular shot?
I pretty much went straight for reflection and once I achieved that left it alone.
It was my first chance Id had for as shot like that. So I used them for practice.

I really do need more experience. I can never fine tune the photos the way Id like. All my photos are to grainy from trying to get the colors the way they are.
Plus im still learning my way around proper exposure rates.

What noise reduction software would you suggest?

Thanks for the tip on the filter.
No problem. You are actually heading in the right direction and taking some good shots. I would probably re-crop it a bit, but you seemed to have got the HDR exposure down well minus the saturation effect. The others are just over processed and you shot many of your HDRs into the sun (almost always a no no).

Save getting the color right until you pass it through lightroom, or photoshop. You just want to get exposure and shading correct in photomatix. There are many out there...noise ninja, noiseware, the one in photomatix itself...and so on. I like noiseware.

If you dont mind send me the photomatix photo of the processed "reflection bus" and send me the separate (3 or how ever many you used) exposures of the sky/clouds shot, so i can run it through my process. I might be able to clear things up a bit. Its all up to you though.

chargerx3(at)gmail(dot)com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts