Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i took a trip and finally took some car pics. I also got to play with some off camera flash work for the first time. Hope you like.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and i cannot forget these...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sweet Pics! I really like the semi truck picture, that one just stood out to me. Couple questions, what lens are you using(for the majority)? Polarizing filter? Are you using the shadow/highlight filter in photoshop to bump them up a little? Just curious because I really like the way they turned out.

-Tyson

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eh f vegas...it's too hot to be outside lol. Oh...cool pics lol. And how did you get in the grand stand tower thing?
I is a hot place. Luckily this was during the storms a few weeks back. We got onto the top level of the stadium because it was also open, but to the drag racing event on the opposite side. It was a lot of fun because we could watch the drags on one side and then just turn around and get an areal view of the drifters on the other side.

Sweet Pics! I really like the semi truck picture, that one just stood out to me. Couple questions, what lens are you using(for the majority)? Polarizing filter? Are you using the shadow/highlight filter in photoshop to bump them up a little? Just curious because I really like the way they turned out.

-Tyson
Tamron 17-50mm for all shots with only a UV filter. I actually ran these through lightroom and did a little masking along with some adjustments. Some of them are actually HDR's if you look close enough that later got adjusted in LR2.

flashes at night are either too close/hot or you pushed contrast too much....
Yea, first time with poppers and all of the above. I like the effect, but i only think a few turned out too hot. For some of them i used a bounce device to get a cleaner white light flashed onto them and it seemed to take out most of the harshness.

BTW on a side note i was getting a ton of puzzled looks by other pro photographers at the show with my radio poppers. It seemed as though none of them had experienced off camera flash..lol. They all just ran around with their mounted flashes and silly bounce cards.

·
I call it like I see it..
13,409 Posts
BTW on a side note i was getting a ton of puzzled looks by other pro photographers at the show with my radio poppers. It seemed as though none of them had experienced off camera flash..lol. They all just ran around with their mounted flashes and silly bounce cards.
:lol: Awesome.. Yea just step the lights down a bit or adjust flash exposure compensation and you're gold. I figured that was what it was. Two light setup?

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:lol: Awesome.. Yea just step the lights down a bit or adjust flash exposure compensation and you're gold. I figured that was what it was. Two light setup?
Yea, ive gotten better since then. Ill have to post up a quick shoot i did with my buddies bike. I think it turned out much softer. Yea, two light popper CTR-30...something. I did do a couple with just one OC light though. You should be able to notice.;)

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Shots came out well mate, a hair out of focus in a couple but looking well none-the-less.

Too bad Hogans kid wasn't there, you could've taken some gnarly shots of a Viper dumping it into a wall ;).

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shots came out well mate, a hair out of focus in a couple but looking well none-the-less.

Too bad Hogans kid wasn't there, you could've taken some gnarly shots of a Viper dumping it into a wall ;).
Thanks. I noticed that too after i posted them. I blame my low light and hunting of my lens on that. Sometimes you cant really tell until after. :cool:

On the crash note...I did catch a shot of a car right after he T-bonend the other guy as they entered the arena at 80+mph. It was pretty gnarly to watch. I wish i had a 70-200L lens for it though.

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Thanks. I noticed that too after i posted them. I blame my low light and hunting of my lens on that. Sometimes you cant really tell until after. :cool:

On the crash note...I did catch a shot of a car right after he T-bonend the other guy as they entered the arena at 80+mph. It was pretty gnarly to watch. I wish i had a 70-200L lens for it though.
Yeah, I've had it happen multiple times. Shoot, go in for processing and then see it and think "Damn ... :("

Ah the lenses I wanted when I still had a camera ... wish in one hand, shit in the other and see which fills up quicker unfortunately hah.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts