Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno about you guys but I have been waiting on here to see what all the SOHC's can beat. Here is what I can beat so far with my stock 91 SOHC Stealth.

Honda
Civic SI, EX, DX, LX. So far havent lost to a stock Civic.
All accords except the NEW V6.
96 and older Preludes. Havent raced any newer ones yet.
S2000 = lost

Ford
V6 Mustangs, beat every one ive encountered including 2 tonight
with my girl in the passenger seat.
Raced one 97 or so GT 4.6. For some reason I beat him 3 times but I think he was a sorry driver.
Every Focus ive come across.

Chevy
Only Chevy's that have beaten me are V8 Camaros and Vettes.

Toyota
Supras Kill me
Celicas get killed

Dodge
Neons get killed
Stratus's get killed as well as intrepids.
Vipers for some reason can beat me
:confused:

Havent had any real races with an integra as of yet.
Raced 1 RSX with intake and exhaust and lost.

Car will be paid off this week, so now I can spend money on car enhancements instead of car payments. Anyone have more cars to add to this list?

·
Registered
593 Posts
1997 Neon DOHC MTX Coupe
what the hell is that?! is it a 4 with forced induction or a DOHC 6?!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: SOHC Wins...?

OvenMan said:

They do huh? What exactly does a SOHC run?
HELLO... I was stating STOCK vs STOCK. Not some hyped on steroids 4 banger wanna be supercar maxed out and still only runs 14's. Not to be harsh but its the truth. :D

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
pearL demon said:
M3 - i/e/chip
WS6 - Stock
Camaro SS - Exhuast
Z06 ;)
S2000
~92 911

just thought id liven things up a bit... :D
NO NO...you dont count...your car is fast...:D :D :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Re: Re: SOHC Wins...?

desdog said:

HELLO... I was stating STOCK vs STOCK. Not some hyped on steroids 4 banger wanna be supercar maxed out and still only runs 14's. Not to be harsh but its the truth. :D
Well, bone stock my car ran 15.7 @ 87. Right now my 4 banger has no steriods. It has simple bolts ons. I havent even touched the bottom end or head, neons are EZ to make fast. Sorry, but my car is far from maxed

DOHC Neons have 150hp at 2,400 lbs, easily can hand the ass of a car that has 164 hp and weighs 3100lbs.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: SOHC Wins...?

OvenMan said:

Well, bone stock my car ran 15.7 @ 87.
Wish I knew how to do that cool lil BS flag. That means that you can drive over half a sec faster or even almost a full second than C&D who uses a professional driver at sea level. According to them, even the R/T which i think uses the same engine, can only run it in 16.6sec. Yes neons can be quick. But stock vs stock, cant happen. I know my SOHC isnt the fastest but I can make it faster pretty easy.

I dont know what your elevation is, but I still dont believe it. Esp since I havent lost to a stock or even hooked up neon. Only neons I have lost to arent normally aspirated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SOHC Wins...?

desdog said:

Wish I knew how to do that cool lil BS flag. That means that you can drive over half a sec faster or even almost a full second than C&D who uses a professional driver at sea level. According to them, even the R/T which i think uses the same engine, can only run it in 16.6sec. Yes neons can be quick. But stock vs stock, cant happen. I know my SOHC isnt the fastest but I can make it faster pretty easy.
I've included the time slip of when my car was stock. If you want to talk magazine times sure. Acording to my motor trend sitting right here, now the 2000 Neon ES which is the different gen (same motor) which has 18 less hp than my car, has the fuel econo tranny, and weighs about 200lbs more then mine right here says 16.2, explain to me why I can't be a few tenths quicker than that car now that I explained those differences.

Evil Twin, it's all about cash flow, I'd like to work on my head and cams but it may have to wait a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Dear god, why would you do that?! neons look like a bubble

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
LOL

Silly kids and their Neons... The SRT-4 is the only excuse for owning a Neon. As long as the motor stays together it will be badass. I'd rather shoot myself in the nuts with a BB gun then be caught driving a current Neon.

Any of you Neon trolls want to take on my car?:suspect:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kids? First off I am far from a kid and so is ACR. Second off this isn't about the turbo'd VR4's or stealths, I am just defending ourselves against the SOHC'ers. I came to this site because I like the Stealth TT so I guess now I am a troll just because i don't happen to own one :rolleyes:

There are a lot of 12 and 13 second Neons out there though. I'm not here to talk shit, I'm just here to talk about cars. Fastest N/A Neon however runs 10.7 @ 130mph, so they don't need turbo's to keep up with vr4s and TT, but i'm not saying it's a simple task I am just stating the fact someone said my car was maxed out, when that is far from the truth.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts