Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"bboyalan" has referred me!

I'm making this post as an alternative of not being able to make an account on SoCal3s.

CAR: I purchased my first car which is a 1992 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo. I brought her home March 4th, 2015. I got my first speeding ticket within a month of ownership:eek: She is bone stock 138k miles. The only things I have done is synthetic oil change, mobil1 oil filter, plugs, fuel pump and fuel filter. She runs beautifully! She has some cosmetic flaws but it is whats on the inside that counts lol.

Me:My name is Anthony and I am 18. I always wanted to be different (no civics here!) and wanted a Talon/GSX. Came across my Stealth and I had to have it. Will be attending Cal Poly Pomona in the fall of 2015.

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,854 Posts
Great introduction, Anthony! I will add you to the list on the regional board and send you a PM.

Any pictures of the ol' gal that you can post up here? It sounds like you have a solid foundation to start with as long as you keep up with the maintenance.

·
Show me your twins
1,114 Posts
Welcome!! :)

·
Marshall Taylor
1,090 Posts
Anthony,

I don't see where you listed the 60,000 or 120,000 mile service work being completed. You can do a "Search" and the necessary items that needs to be replaced will be identified.

If someone doen't take things apart to replace these service items, rest assured it will take itself apart. It will not be pretty and the repairs will be expensive. Hopefully this process was completed at 120,000 miles. Good luck with your ride.

Marshall

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input! And no, she hasn't had the 120k done. I know this has to be done and will do it when i have enough for the complete service.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
welcome, see ya saturday right?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Saturday if all goes well! My Stealth is BEIGE with a black hood/ black front bumper. it was in a slight accident before I bought her. I would post pictures but I suck at this forum-picture posting thing.

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,854 Posts
Oooh Beige Wheat Metallic! That would be Cho's favorite color and Dan's Stealth lol - some SoCal OG's.

Marshall - He will be attending a 3/S tuning/tech day (main reason for this thread) that I host on occasion, so I will be sure to scrutinize and ask questions.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
yeah we gonna give him a third degree waterboarding , we need answers

·
Marshall Taylor
1,090 Posts
bboyalan,

It's awesome you are looking after Anthomy. As he stated, he is 18,000 miles past his 120,000 mile required service. Especially, if cheap aftermarket parts were used, Anthony is on borrowed time. I just wanted to make sure he knew about the needed 120 K service. With members like you and DuTTch, he is in good company.

Marshall

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,854 Posts
:thumbsup: ooor Mark will just scare him away with that waterboarding LOL j/k :p definitely on borrowed time without visual/physical confirmation and/or receipts.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome, speeding tickets don't count unless you were racing a cop at night and leaving him in the dust, then he turns on his lights. He was so embarrassed the he puts down 84 instead of the 120+ you were doing. See you at the meet.

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,854 Posts
Welcome, speeding tickets don't count unless you were racing a cop at night and leaving him in the dust, then he turns on his lights. He was so embarrassed the he puts down 84 instead of the 120+ you were doing. See you at the meet.
Haha Mark had a fun encounter with CHP when he first moved here from Texas.

-sent from my Galaxy S4

·
Show me your twins
1,114 Posts
OP and I had already exchanged comments on Instagram couple days ago. Didn't know it was the same person till now haha.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
Haha Mark had a fun encounter with CHP when he first moved here from Texas.

-sent from my Galaxy S4
Escaped that one pfffffff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, 120k is definitely on my list to do this summer guys!! Ill be coming around 1 0r 2 in the afternoon tomorrow because I have to take a test at Cal Poly in the morning... :/
See you guys there!

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
Good luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts