Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Valarie, 95 VR4
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it.

Basically I was at work (I merchandise for Coca-Cola, drive from grocery store to grocery store in my own car) at 13/Little Mack Meijer (if anyone from Michigan reads this and knows the location by chance), went into the store at 7 PM, came back out around roughly 9 PM, no Intrepid anywhere in the parking lot. Circled the entire lot about a dozen times looking for it. Talk to the store and of COURSE the camera's aren't working for the lot. Hahaha, figures.

My wallet was in the car, had a cheap system in there, all my cd's, most of the ones I actually bought in a cool 100 carrying case I got for x-mas.

I was more worried about my wallet and someone tapping into my checking account and costing me a few grand. Luckily when I called to cancel both my credit cards there were no charges made on either yet, so I got lucky.

Filed a police report. Only had PLPD on the car. Didn't find broken glass anywhere in the lot and I swear I remember locking the doors. They probably had some way to pry the door open?

Anyway it's really not a HUGE loss. I actually got the car for $500 and fixed it up. The scary thought is that I ALMOST drove my beloved VR4 to work today and thought "Nah, it might rain" and didn't. I'd be in a whole different mood right now if it was that car.

So for my new daily driver, I couldn't think of where I was going to look, until it occurred to me that my brother still has his old Stealth that he's neglected for the past 2 years, left sitting at his apartment complex, trying to sell it and being too lazy/retarded to even put a For Sale sign on it.

It's a 91 R/T, nice condition, system in it, low miles, few bolt on mods. So I'm probably going to pick that up off of him.
I was going to use my extra cash on the VR4 this summer but apparently it's going to him for the car. Car blue books for $4040 in excellent condition, but hopefully, if he feels like being a good brother, he'll give it to me cheap.

Anyway, that was kinda long but, just figured I'd share it with you guys. And the lesson being that 'the bar' or some form of anti-theft device is never a bad idea, even if it's at a place you wouldn't picture your car being stolen (in broad day light nonetheless). And believe me, I'm getting something like that and using it from now on.

· S318008 3^07 1
406 Posts
Sorry to hear that i would be upset to but at least it wasn't the vr-4. I would definitely pick up the stealth so it stays in the family. GL finding a DD.

· Sandstone Club
648 Posts
props for not bringing your vr4 there though, good luck

· Everclear Aficionado
543 Posts
very sorry to hear, but as you said at least its not the vr4. oddly enough i had a dream last night that i killed two men trying to steal my vr4, an omen?:evil1:

· Nuggle Fuggler
235 Posts
Sorry for the loss man. Maybe the stealth will be a gain though so I guess it's kinda a lose/win situation lol. GL with the DD search though if you don't get the stealth.

· Valarie, 95 VR4
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where I work their have been 2 intrepids taken from the lot in the last 6 months. Given some of the cars in the lot I think they are targeting them.

Coming to D&B today?
Really wanted to go to D&B today but couldn't get work off.

I was talking to the "security" at meijer and they were telling me how they've had a car parked in the very closest spot, not handicap, but first open spot in the lot stolen right in mid day. The bastards that steal cars like that have that down to a science. They probably get into the car, cut the alarm, and hotwire it within a minute or two.

Also, everyone says that Chrysler/Dodge's are easy pickings for thief's. In fact I believe Dodge Ram's were/are the top stolen car?

· R/T Boost
1,033 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. At least it wasn't the VR-4, but having any car stolen sucks.

· 3s in florida!
601 Posts
Yes those dodge intrepids are easy to steal, pop the lock, pop the ignition and go. I was sitting in my car listening to music at the theatre I work at and I watched a guy do it to my buddies car before I thought wtf is he doing and ran out with a crowbar ftw...can be done in about 35 seconds from time of popping lock to driving off. I'm thinking of doing the steering wheel hub mod and just taking the wheel with me.

· Valarie, 95 VR4
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm, maybe what I heard was the Ram was just in the top 10?
I believe it was also quoted for a specific area in Michigan as well.

Regardless I always hear about Chryslers being easy targets, and apparently they are.

· Valarie, 95 VR4
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyway, my brother said he'll sell me the stealth, since I'm basically doing him a favor.

Once again it's a 91 R/T, has a few mods and customizations. Exhaust, intake, sound system.

It's been sitting for over a year and definitely needs a little TLC maintenance. It has only 60-80 thousand miles on it (rough estimate, I'll double check).

I offered him 3 grand for it, since top condition on KBB was ~$4000. He said 3500, which I'm probably going to take.

So I'll have two 3/S's now, which is pretty exciting. I won't know which one to mod. Definitely wouldn't mind picking up a set of the 3SX headers for my new N/A 3/S.

Still just wish that this $3500 was going to my VR4....

· Valarie, 95 VR4
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Put it in the VR4 and use it as your DD for awhile :p
I would, but I baby that car wayyy too much. Trying to keep the miles low, only drive it on my days off with beautiful weather.

Plus I drive all over for my work, some stores in shady locations. Don't wanna risk anything with my baby.

· Registered
559 Posts
Ah, completely understandable. I'd probably skip on getting the Stealth and get some cheap car that is just good on gas then. Get an early 90's Civic for your DD, lol. That way you'd spend around $1500 instead of $3500. Also won't have to throw 93 octane at it and only get 18-20mng with the Stealth.

· rebmeM muroF
839 Posts
Really wanted to go to D&B today but couldn't get work off.

I was talking to the "security" at meijer and they were telling me how they've had a car parked in the very closest spot, not handicap, but first open spot in the lot stolen right in mid day. The bastards that steal cars like that have that down to a science. They probably get into the car, cut the alarm, and hotwire it within a minute or two.

Also, everyone says that Chrysler/Dodge's are easy pickings for thief's. In fact I believe Dodge Ram's were/are the top stolen car?
no honda\acuras are... mitsu evos are stolen alot too
America's Most Stolen - MSN Autos

but in 2001 dodges were hot, literally.
#2 top stolen was the dodge intrepid.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.