Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to clean up the TT and park it for the year, but first it needed to be cleaned (just changed oil and topped off the tank). I thought I'd share some pics as I don't post much about my car.
Background:
Started life as a 92 TT, I bought it bone stock in 2003 with 104K miles. Needed 2nd gear syncro was about it. Then started modding, and ended up here 17 years later with a totally different car, lol. I've kept the car so long because I really feel the potential performance envelope is very high per dollar....they look awesome, and it's been paid for from day one.
Mod summary: Built 2 Bolt (forged crank, BC rods, Weisco pistons, IPS TD05 kit, Billet EVO III's, 950cc EV14 bosch injectors, treadstone 1045 IC, HKS twin Fire, E85, MAFT PRO in Blow through, 25 psi, yada yada...) Pretty much an old school build at this point. She runs good...really driveable and fast. I painted it myself in 2005.
Stock ECS struts with Renegade controller, Tein springs. The car has been extensively lightened, and weighs about 3400 lbs. I know, still heavy. Hood is off the very first Cianci run from the original group buy believe it or not!
Anyway - any questions, let me know. Under hood - I've built most of what you see myself (All IC and intake pipes, etc) Everything that can be AN fittings, is. I know the strut bar sucks, but it's so hard to find a good one, if they even exist. Did the custom gauges myself too (inspiration from Devilmightcry).
20201121_133435.jpg 20201121_133451.jpg 20201121_135328.jpg 20201121_135319.jpg 20201121_135328.jpg 20201121_135352.jpg 20201121_135420.jpg 20201121_135448.jpg 20201121_135458.jpg

Attachments

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,207 Posts
A few questions, but first I love your car!

What wing is that?

What product did you use to "foam bomb"?

I initially had a unit that attached to my hose. Loved it and still use it for my wife's vehicle.

Now I have one that attached to my pressure washer...booyah!

If you keep your car relatively clean, a blast from the "foam bomb", and then a rinse, doesn't require ANY hand washing.

Been using it for a few years, will NEVER bucket wash again...

Bob. :)

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few questions, but first I love your car!

What wing is that?

What product did you use to "foam bomb"?

I initially had a unit that attached to my hose. Loved it and still use it for my wife's vehicle.

Now I have one that attached to my pressure washer...booyah!

If you keep your car relatively clean, a blast from the "foam bomb", and then a rinse, doesn't require ANY hand washing.

Been using it for a few years, will NEVER bucket wash again...

Bob. :)
Thanks Bob! The wing is the RetroSpec one. I like how it sort of extends the line of the car...vs, standing off the surface.
You're right, I didn't even break out the bucket. That's probably because I ceramic coated with Mothers CMX(?) this summer. You can kind of see that because the foam almost beads off as well.
I used Mothers foam wash (yes, I like Mother's products, :)):

Attachments

·
14,207 Posts

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, so many options (almost too many) so I stick with what I know.

Some of the other old school parts on this car:
1) Your short shifter!
2) Rob Beck's AFPR adapter for AEM.
3) My AWS delete kit, spark plug cover, plenum plug cover, AC block-off plate, Momo hub horn contact kit, CNC cut PPF kit, center vent gauge and radio gauge plates
4) Pauly Perl's POLY mounts (F&R) and TC EXO cage.
5) "RS-1" Oil Cap from Chris Hill - when he was still "IPO"
6) Leather shift boot from a member that used to make them (Can't recall name at the moment, let me know if you do)
7) Those PVC decals for the fuse boxes (with mirrored version on the inside of cover) from another member I don't recall
8) Ohnoo's SS fuel rail loop
9) DR (ATR) 304 SS "Single Shot" cat-back, GZP SS test pipe
10) Skillard aluminum underbody channel

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,392 Posts
Looks great, Aaron! I only know of 1-2 other people that were part of the Cianci GB. Any other plans for the car?

As Bob mentioned, the pressure washer variants definitely perform better than the garden hose attachment, but I still use both depending on how dirty the car haha... (also louder with the gas)

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

Reactions: Angelas

·
14,207 Posts
Leather shifter boot. Josh from Michigan? MITOSKA?

You have one of my shifter? I'm sure if I would have looked back in my files I would have known that.
Still like it? (I love mine)

Paul....

Bob.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Alan!
If I recall, there were only 10 or so spots on that group buy. funny story - I actually traded some parts for my spot since it was taking so long, the guy wanted out. If you were around then you'll remember it took almost 2 years I think.
No plans at the moment....it's working too well (knock on wood!)

Edit: I wish i had a gas powered pressure washer (mine's electric)

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Leather shifter boot. Josh from Michigan? MITOSKA?

You have one of my shifter? I'm sure if I would have looked back in my files I would have known that.
Still like it? (I love mine)

Paul....

Bob.
Josh might be right...not 100% sure. Still have your shifter...still love it, yes. I would have sold it by now if I didn't!

·
14,207 Posts
Yeah, it's LOUDER, but at 63, I'm DEEF. (I kid) Gas powered power washer

It foams a better, but a bit more PITA to get out and put away. But I think it's worth it.

I almost bought an EVO, literally a mile away, years ago, but the car was less than excellent....

How is life Alan? :)

Bob.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,392 Posts
It foams a better, but a bit more PITA to get out and put away. But I think it's worth it.
hahahaha 😆 this is the truth! I remember standing at Lowe's deciding between electric and gasoline. The plan was for the former, but I do use it for the driveway and house. Not to derail, but all is well here 🙂 wrapped up another 3/S (will bump his thread later) and planning on the next one. First newborn is expected any day now 😯

Aaron - the quality is amazing with the double latches and all! Was it really two years? I feel like one of the longest awaited GB's was for the true CF combat wing lol mine came from that one, but I have seen another here. I feel you on just enjoying it though. That is what I tell everyone to do with their 3/S

Reactions: AdamVR4

·
Registered
1994 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4
155 Posts
I am curious about the manifold. I am looking to get a set possibly down the road. I know they aren't made anymore.(The IPS ones?) Any who, beautiful ride.

·
14,207 Posts
hahahaha 😆 this is the truth! I remember standing at Lowe's deciding between electric and gasoline. The plan was for the former, but I do use it for the driveway and house. Not to derail, but all is well here 🙂 wrapped up another 3/S (will bump his thread later) and planning on the next one. First newborn is expected any day now 😯

Newborn? YIKES!!!
Kidding.
We lived through 3. All boys, and all now 20+ yr old engineers (27 yr old Software, 29 yr old Mechanical and a 31 yr old Electrical).
I love them all.
I wish you the best. (my oldest was diagnosed with Leukemia at 18 months, life happens. As mentioned above, he is 31 now.)

Bob.

Reactions: bboyalan

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IPS is long gone, so you'd need to get them used. Overall good stuff, although I did need to modify the downpipe to fit correctly.
I forgot - My car also has the CNC cut Paint Protection kit I offered years ago that was a flop, lol. It covers whole front bumper, headlight covers, 6 inches or so on the hood, and the mirrors. I think I sold 2 kits...which I was a little shocked by...but thats a different story.

·
One fix at a time
7,917 Posts
Someone was selling a set of your modified stock wastegates on FB. I think the only parts I have left of yours was the A/C line block off kit.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks guys - you know, I think these dark greens are making a come back. I recently have seen (on tv) a similar colored Mclaren and 911....to all the green haters!
mclaren green.JPG

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I also forgot to add pics of homemade rear diffuser and tray. I tried to blend it into the fuel tank area as clean as I could. IDK, seems like it should help pull air out? Proportionally it looks right too. I think it cleaned up the air back there to some degree. I've got an ATR single shot (another old school part I forgot to mention), so there was a big open pocket on the right side previously. 20201123_132608.jpg 20201123_132410.jpg 20201123_132425.jpg 20201123_132631.jpg

1 - 20 of 55 Posts