Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the way to Grand Rapids to see my friend Aaron and i was infront of this 02 vette i decided to play a bit so i step on it when he decides to pass me we stay even, then i see black smoke come from the back of the vette and i floor it letting off a bit to stop the clutch from slipping and we just stay even.I got stuck behind some slow traffic and he goes by so i tuck behind him and he floors it again so i do the same again letting off to limit the clutch slippage and i just stay even with him!I was so siked that i could keep up with him now the vette i beat was an 80's vette that i met up with just off of the freeway.I was getting gas and pulled out after he went by and ended up next to him at the light.It was an older guy and he didn't seem to want to race and i had my old lady in the car.The light turns green and he just floors it and i'm like oh shit:eek: so i do the same the boost spools up and the tires just break loose and the back starts sliding then into second same as first the tires spinning and sliding as i blew by him.My g-frend thinks he let up cuz he thought i was going to hit him but i don't think so.That was the most fun i've had in a while.Kids around here won't race me anymore so i have to go on trips to find action.I love racing win or lose.:D

·
W3Si member #010
1,765 Posts
nice kill. those new vettes are damn fast.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i'll get them next year when the new clutch gets put in and the new turbo and some other mods i'm planning.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Is it me, or does it seem like everyone either needs or has just gotten a new clutch? I think its a conspiracy.;)

Good runs.

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Nice job, those C5s are nothing to be triffled with.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
I agree, are people beating the hell out of their clutches these days, or are they making them with less quality...whichever one, it hurts the wallet :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is the stock z clutch so i figured it wouldn't last too long.The estimated power of my car according to the quarter times and speed are a little over 300 hp and the same little over 300 for torque.I just replaced the clutch last spring it just has too much power for it.

A

·
0 Posts
Clutches suck. And are expensive. And that's all I have to say about that.

As for the Datsun, rock on. I was looking for a 240/260 to do something fun with. I found a 260 for $500 in an ad. They said it needed tranny work and a rebuild on the motor. No biggie, I wasn't planning on sticking with the stock merchandise anyway! But they sold it before I had a chance to get my hands on it. :(

They have a big Zero club here in the DFW(Dallas/Ft.Worth) area.

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
Black smoke ? Out of a new 2002 Vette ? :confused: :confused: How many miles could it have on it to be carboned up already ?

I guess I dont understand that, but good kill nonetheless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts