Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
god I smell bad.

I took Shamou out for a easy drive. After a nice warm up I started to head to the off ramp where I promptly lost power. Engine dies, and I smell burning printed circuit board.

I feel the ecu died, since it is 1:31 am, I cant check it. Cranks but wont fire. Ecu? right? smoke smell inside the car?

unhooked the battery, going to dive in and see tomorrow.

read the faq's, sounds like it to me. Any other thoughts??

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
wow looks a little fried, most likely not repairable. You can try replacing all those parts, since they're not the main IC's.

Also, have you replaced your electrolytic caps before? I've heard many stories of how our ecu will do this since the caps only have about a 10 year lifespan.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
burnt

it is more than just a couple of compnents, i looks like it actualy flared into flame, the circuit board has a hole through it and many parts are scortched. I need a good hook up on ecus' I found on the faq a ecu seller for 450-100 core (350) sounds like the cheapest route. Anyone else have a hook up on a good md159966. hook me up!

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Most places won't accept an ECU like yours as core. It's too damaged to rebuild so it's junk to them too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts